The truth about peter reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about peter reno

If any of you have ever wondered who the brilliant de Wolfe composer Peter Reno actually was, you may find this interesting:

Cliff Twemlow

It's mainly about his other career in straight-to-video movies, and the other pages cover all the 'films' in greater depth, but it's quite interesting to find out what else he got up to!

Thats crazy!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I&#39;ve got &#39;GBH&#39; on video if anyone wants a copy&#33;

Comment

How the hell did you get to this web page? Google doesn&#39;t return it in the slightest if you put cliffs name in.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

A friend of my brother found it, he had a copy of &#39;GBH&#39; on video (and he reads this site, so is probably reading this bit too - hello&#33 - I spotted the Twemlow/Reno connection, and somehow we ended up here&#33;

I wonder if he covers his musical career in the &#39;Tuxedo Warrior&#39; book?

Comment

Incredible&#33;
            God bless Fatso.

Comment

amazing great work lord&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

There's a Cliff Twemlow evening next Monday as part of Salford Film Festival for anyone who is interested.

http://www.salfordfilmfestival.org.u...D=159&letter=C

Links to some interesting interviews including more library factoids:

He had over 2,000 music scores under his belt, some of under his pseudonyms of Peter Reno, John Agar and Mike Sullivan.
                MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Damn, that sounds great - but I'm at the wrong end of the country! If anyone's going, let me know what it was like!

His score for GBH (as John Agar) must be available somewhere, as Channel 4 used the title song as breakdown music in the 80s.

Comment

I'll see if I can get hold of a DVD of it if I can and send it to you

Comment

I knew the name rang a bell...
                      I recommend Cliff's pulp novel, The Pike, about a giant man-eating pike that terrorises the lake district.

As pike-related literature goes, it's not in the league of Wolfgang Zeiske's Esox -The Story of a Pike, but us pike fans can't afford to be choosy, really.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

We used to meet at his house on Heywood Road in Prestwich, Manchester. He had a large garage for us to work out and practice the scenes in. I remember a large mechanical fish that was hanging from the wall of the garage, which was the prop that was going to be used in the film “The Pike”. I also remember seeing the newsreel of the promo for the film on a video at Cliff’s house. Joan Collins was in the promo and it was filmed at Lake Coniston in the Lake District.

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                          We used to meet at his house on Heywood Road in Prestwich, Manchester. He had a large garage for us to work out and practice the scenes in. I remember a large mechanical fish that was hanging from the wall of the garage, which was the prop that was going to be used in the film “The Pike”. I also remember seeing the newsreel of the promo for the film on a video at Cliff’s house. Joan Collins was in the promo and it was filmed at Lake Coniston in the Lake District.
                          Stud/Bitch era Joan Collins and a giant mechanical pike? How on earth did this film not get made?
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Stud/Bitch era Joan Collins and a giant mechanical pike? How on earth did this film not get made?
                            Don't know but it makes me feel bloody proud to be British

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                              I'll see if I can get hold of a DVD of it if I can and send it to you
                              That would be fantastic - thanks!

It's a real shame The Pike was never made - Look North did a report on it, apparently, but that's the closest you'll get.

Comment

Working...
                              X