Mr hopkinson's budget label easter mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr hopkinson's budget label easter mix

I don't throw the genius label around willy nilly but this is a work of genius. If not pretty damn close. Anything that contains Strongbad, Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard, Duke Grant (you should press that onto a seven inch with Jungle Fever on the flip), and the Bunny Hop has to be good. Loving the Non Stop Dance Party too but Big Dave H reigns supreme. 10/10

Let's not forget Don Estelle's funky rhodes version of 'Amazing Grace' closing out 'Mr Hopkinson's Non Stop Dance Party'. Mad!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (wayne @ June 15 2004,11:05)]Let's not forget Don Estelle's funky rhodes version of 'Amazing Grace' closing out 'Mr Hopkinson's Non Stop Dance Party'. Mad!  
      Indeed. I'm regretting leaving that signed copy of Mr Estelle's album behind last week. What's the folky cut on the Easter mix btw?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ June 15 2004,13:09)]Anything that contains Strongbad, Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard, Duke Grant (you should press that onto a seven inch with Jungle Fever on the flip), and the Bunny Hop has to be good.
        Cheers Blighty I somehow thought that combo of people would appeal especially to you
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Blighty @ June 15 2004,13:09)]What's the folky cut on the Easter mix btw?
        It's 'Seasons Come, Seasons Go' by Bobbi Gentry
        Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

best mix i've heard in years. i've given up on mixes as a result.

Comment

where can one hear this mix? Or did i need to sign up for that easter mix swap thing?
            www.myspace.com/usofaudio
            www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
            www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (wooly @ June 15 2004,14:52)]best mix i've heard in years. i've given up on mixes as a result.  

blimey, Jon it's not that good! (  . . . I hope! )   , but thanks!  

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (united states of audio @ June 15 2004,17:41)]where can one hear this mix? Or did i need to sign up for that easter mix swap thing?
                It is the Easter Swap one, but I'll get you one . . .

Comment

Was that percy thrower in there?
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Mr_Hopkinson @ June 15 2004,20:11)]blimey, Jon it&#39;s not that good&#33; (  . . . I hope&#33; )   , but thanks&#33;  
                    it&#39;s damn good. full of good tunes, humour, lots of subtleties as well - and the way summertime melts into spinning wheel...

&quot;...that is also my egg&#33; so put it down&#33;&quot;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 15 2004,20:23)]Was that percy thrower in there?
                      Percy Thrower&#39;s Garden Year. And it&#39;s on SGA &#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Mr_Hopkinson @ June 15 2004,20:16)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (united states of audio @ June 15 2004,17:41)]where can one hear this mix? Or did i need to sign up for that easter mix swap thing?
                        It is the Easter Swap one, but I&#39;ll get you one . . .
                        Great, thanks&#33;

I&#39;m playing at the Croft on Friday night if you&#39;re around, save you a stamp.
                        www.myspace.com/usofaudio
                        www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
                        www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X