Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horrors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lD5cE6Bwc

I really like this band and their new 8 minute krautrock post punk electronic single. Original? Well, no...but they are trying so much harder than other pop groups to do something different, and I think that's bloody marvellous, and don't underestimate their power to get a young and impressionable audience into all sorts of strange and rewarding music.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that...
    Last edited by ginghamkitchen; 13-04-2009, 11:00 PM.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

I don't know much about the Horrors (bar injecting some much needed youth into the UK 6Ts/psych scene)

but I thoroughly recommend Malakai and their (accidental?) interpretation of the freakbeat sound - check the track 'Warriors'
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
      but I thoroughly recommend Malakai and their (accidental?) interpretation of the freakbeat sound - check the track 'Warriors'
      Not that accidental - Scott from Malakai is well into 60's freakbeat/mod styles as well as loads of other stuff....
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

YIP, I likey too. i've not heard much by them, digging this for sure.
        YEE VOOLURES-AWL!
        YEE WANS YER EAR-TROOMPETS CLEENIN'!

Comment

Rhys from the horrors is well into his psych, he spent a large wad on a copy of Tintern Abbey. Nice guy too
          https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
            Not that accidental - Scott from Malakai is well into 60's freakbeat/mod styles as well as loads of other stuff....
            like dubstep apparently

I think I may pick up the LP tomorrow

2009 is shaping up to be 'year of the contemporary' with regards to my buying habits

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              like dubstep apparently
              I think that may be Gee rather than Scott!

Good band, DJed with Scott loads, seen the band a couple of times, great live!
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I really liked "little victories" from their first LP. That was also incidentally one of the few songs I couldn't hear which garage/psych classic they'd ripped off. Rip-offs rule anyway.
                http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

I really liked "Death At The Chapel" - their second (?) single - which was a fine noisy thing. The new 8 minute track shows that they've been listening intently to Can's "Mother Sky" rather than the garage stuff they'd plagiarised on their first lp. Still - credit due for trying out something new, and to be fair their new album is a pretty good listen.
                  Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

mods
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9
                    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

not really, though, are they, eh?
                      To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by folkishienne View Post
                        Rhys from the horrors is well into his psych, he spent a large wad on a copy of Tintern Abbey. Nice guy too

He once outbid me on a Spanish JULY ep... never liked them since...

Incidentally, in my humble, they're doing nothing original at all... the gothic Cramps-ian take on watered down Nuggets rips didn't sell very well so they're trying again with a slightly different sound thats all?? They were hugely overhyped first time 'round...
                        Last edited by enrico chiesa; 14-04-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                          not really, though, are they, eh?
                          yes, they are all the mods
                          MODZ
                          Hero No.9
                          Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                          THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

real mods

with trousers

Comment

Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
                              Incidentally, in my humble, they're doing nothing original at all...
                              Who is? The new stuff doesn't exactly smack of a desperate commercial sell out. Does it? They've been into the electronics for quite a while and the sound is probably a more accurate representation of that now.

As for the records, they play great sets, and it's not just Rhys who's into his records. They're fine by me.
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X