Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE POWER PACK

Hi u all

Yesterday i got some stuff at the flea market including a french pressing 7 inch of The Power Pack, including a great rendition of Oh Calcutta! b/w an incredible Soul Searching (composed by Nick Ingman). This record was produced by Norrie Paramor. What i want to know is: is there an LP by these guys? I would like to have it...

Cheers

rui

I didn't know there was a 45 of this ! Yup, the LP is called 'Soul Cure' also on Polydor - I managed tp pick one up on one of Rich and I's road trips just before Christmas for a couple of quid.

Nice versions of among others 'Watermelon Man' on there and well worth a few quid.

The Lp is a Norrie Paramor production, but with Nick Ingman, (gasp) Tim Rice and I think Peter Vince doing the arrangements.

Not to be confused with Stockports finest 'The Power Pack Orchestra' who's work is best left well alone. Trust me on that.
    Matt Hero

Comment

Thanx for the info. anyone ever seen one on the bay? don't think there's another way to score a copy...

Comment

I've been checking regularly since I copped the LP for any other copies or other items to no avail. It's a major label item so it shouldn't be *that* rare surely ?

Matt Hero

Comment

</span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Matt Hero on 6:26 pm on Mar. 17, 2003
          It's a major label item so it shouldn't be *that* rare surely ?
          <span =''>
          ah yes - like the Gentle Rain album, I suppose.
          I picked up the last Soulman mix cd - my first ever 'breaks' mix, actually - and the Power Pack LP is on the cover - but with a different sleeve to mine, maybe a different country?
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

As soon as I posted it I thought of 'Gentle Rain'. Makes you wonder where they all went huh ? I'm guess that they wouldn't have relased many less than say 10,000 or those titles. Any ideas of what the runs were of those sort of titles ?

My copy of 'Soul Cure' is somewhat literally a bottle labelled 'Soul Cure' being sampled by a woman 'cheesecake' style. Run out ideas in the photo studio boys eh ?
            Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
            X