Glastonbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glastonbury

just wondered if any board members were taking the Pilton road next week? I'll be around the Jazz/World stage all weekend....should be some interesting things going on
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

would be nice as its only up the road but alas its too expensive for me.
    www.myspace.com/usofaudio
    www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
    www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Money was no object for me!

I'll be there as of Wednesday evening.

If you're looking out for me, I'll be the short-arsed Stacey Peralta lookalike with the massive pupils!

Piss poor line-up though! Oasis? Fuck off you plodding blue-nosed twats! Muse? Great, someone else shagging Jeff's corpse while peddling pseudo angst for girls to do their GCSE homework to.

Actually, anybody want my ticket?
      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

give me a shout when you're there - I could introduce you to the delights of jazz backstage...

Comment

Remember to get a set of walkie talkies! Totally useful for all festivals - Make sure they have a vibrate feature. Motorola do a set that is brilliant. Check here.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I should be there - though they are dicking us foreigners around as we have to get to Shepton Mallet to collect tickets which is a pain without a car - and theairline we are using to fly to bristol won&#39;t let us bring our car on board. Gah - the cheek of these people.

Anyway I&#39;ll be about the Jazz Stage for at least some of the time (Tinariwen, Antibalas) as its often where i end up as its a lot more pleasant than the main stage or dance tent. Thursday is a good day to meet up as there isn&#39;t much on to be distracted by. I am flying in wednesday morning and will arrivesome time that day depending on the story for getting into Shepton and getting tickets.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

new mastersounds are playing about 4pm thursday on the jazz stage..

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ June 17 2004,12:34)]new mastersounds are playing about 4pm thursday on the jazz stage..      
                Sounds like a good idea. And I don&#39;t mean just the

Sadly the best beer is usually in the bar at the acoustic tent where the music is rarely much good.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I&#39;m not au fait with the line-up at the Jazz Tent as I&#39;m too busy sorting out the practicalities of getting there and what we&#39;ll need to take with us (I&#39;ve got to sort my mate out as well and he&#39;s fucking useless at this kind of thing, so I&#39;m virtually babysitting&#33.

There was talk of being able to go see Roy Ayers though. And Amp Fiddler and James Brown. Don&#39;t know if I&#39;ll bother with Mr Brown though as I&#39;ll be seeing him on Saturday night supporting the Chilis.

All recommendations as to who to check out will be gratefully received.......before being forgotten as the various substances kick in.
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Roy Ayers may suffer as all my mates wanna go and see Orbital&#39;s last hurrah.

James Brown is pretty defnite for me though it looks like it&#39;ll mean skipping Trio Mocoto.

Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra (well off yanks who copied all  their moves from poor Nigerians) and Tinariwen (nomadic tribesmen from the Sahara with electric guitars) are both well worth checking out.

John Peel

Comment

Roy Ayers isn&#39;t playing - health reasons - Ozomatli are the replacement act on Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ June 17 2004,15:10)]Sadly the best beer is usually in the bar at the acoustic tent where the music is rarely much good.
                        I&#39;ve seen a few blinders in there the last couple of years - Robert Plant, Richie Havens, Beth Gibbons...

Comment

Are Manu Chao playing this year?

They are pure Gold Dust. So do not miss&#33;
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ June 17 2004,16:15)]Roy Ayers isn&#39;t playing - health reasons - Ozomatli are the replacement act on Sunday night.
                            Crap - especially for Roy - I saw Ozomatli last year, or was it the year before, not too bothered.

However that stage has seen some amazing stuff - my top votes go to: Terry Callier, Femi Kuti, Joyce, Nils Peter Molvaer. But for sheer entertainment the 2 hour set by Yes on Sunday afternoon last year was hard to beat.

Aside from the acts the Jazz Stage also has the advantage over the Main and Other stages of being near to the theatre and avalaon field so you can find something else without having to walk for half an hour.

John Peel

Comment

No Manu Chao this year but he is tops. Saw him last time.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X