Girl from uncle soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl from uncle soundtrack

how rare is this release? I've seen it a few times up on eBay but have never managed to secure a copy, until today. I stopped by Hymies and found a copy still sealed and never played for $15--i'm assuming I got a great deal eh? does anyone know the true value of this particular item? i'm just curious.

Not quite sure to be honest. Seems to float around the £30 mark I think.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

hard to find. 15 bucks is a good deal. sermad&#39;s right - it&#39;s always around 30-35 GBP in the UK. good record in places too.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

thanks. I was pretty shocked when I found it, lucky for me the girl behind the counter had no idea it was worth more than &#036;15.

the true question would be, do I dare open it or do I act like a total record collector geek and keep it sealed?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (mech1 @ June 19 2004,14:18)]thanks. I was pretty shocked when I found it, lucky for me the girl behind the counter had no idea it was worth more than &#036;15.

the true question would be, do I dare open it or do I act like a total record collector geek and keep it sealed?
          Oh come on, we&#39;ve all seen this discussion a thousand times...

The general consensus is usually: OPEN IT DAMN YOU&#33; I think.

Otherwise, you might as well start a stamp collection instead. Takes up less space in your room.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (formigo @ June 19 2004,21:32)]The general consensus is usually: OPEN IT DAMN YOU&#33; I think.

Otherwise, you might as well start a stamp collection instead. Takes up less space in your room.
            I know, i&#39;m just being a complete dork about it. I almost never find stuff like this in mint condition, let alone sealed. i&#39;m thinking if I open it it&#39;ll lose its value but then again, what&#39;s the point of keeping it sealed? I still haven&#39;t opened my copy of the Barry Gray-UFO soundtrack yet---how sad is that?

Comment

Music is for listening to... not looking at, do the decent thing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
              Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Nah, don&#39;t touch it. Ask someone if they can burn you a CD of it and - &#39;hey presto&#33;&#39; - best of both worlds.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Or you might keep it sealed for the next ten years only to find it&#39;s got the wrong record in it, has been totally warped by the shrink wrap or is completely covered in mould because it was damp when it was originally sealed. What a nice thought, your own little eco-system breeding away in there.

Go on, open it - listen for the satisfying &quot;swoosh&quot; of original 60s vintage air and dodge those spores&#33;&#33;&#33; And when it comes to selling it, you can describe it as &quot;still in original shrink&quot; ...
                  There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ June 20 2004,15:44)]And when it comes to selling it, you can describe it as &quot;still in original shrink&quot; ...  
                    or opened to check condition

Comment

Working...
                    X