Dawn of the dead trunk ost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of the dead trunk ost

Just got the Trunk DOTD soundtrack (on CD - gasp&#33 - very good. But I notice there's a couple of good tracks from the film that are missing - namely 'Action Pack' by Simon Haseley, and a really nice semi-classical piece that was also used in series one of The Sweeney, accompanying a jewellery shop blag. Does anyone know what other tracks aren't on it?

My only other quibble is the editing together of tracks for the 'Mall Montage' - I'd like the full versions of 'We Are The Champions', 'Tango Tango' and 'Fugarock', personally (though I've got 'Ragtime Razzamatazz' on a 78&#33, but I suppose they wouldn't have fitted on the vinyl version.

And 'Mask Of Death' sounds like the theme tune to 'Never The Twain'!

I have this great library comp that Lee did and there's a track on there that two of my old co workers swore was the theme tune from 'Never The Twain'. It's in the kitchen at the minute and I'm too lazy to get up and check it out but when I'm back in there I'll see if there's a track on there called 'Mask Of Death'.

Comment

Funnily enough, I bought Lee's copy of the LP with the 'Never The Twain' theme on it when he flogged it on eBay - some swine tried to outbid me, but I got it back with seconds to go! I felt invincible!!!!!

The track is actually called 'Domino', from the Rouge LP 'Interlace', - Jack Trombey composed both of them, funnily enough! And compare and contrast with 'Palomino' on Simon Park's 'Something In The Air' LP too......

Wouldn't mind a copy of this comp, actually, if you're reading this, Lee!

Comment

Your incredible brain knowledge is being called upon Lord T.

http://212.67.202.147/~sermad....;t=2670

Comment

I don't have my list to hand but I also recognised the one in the Sweeney and it's likely to be another Jack Trombey from DW 3300 'Spinechiller'.
          There are loads that are missing- about 70 odd cues were used in all.  The one I don't have is the first cheesy mall muzak one (when they switch all the power on).  This track was also used in a 70's sex-docu with that 'victorian-zoo-monkey-erection' scene and must be  DW, but I've never found it.
          The Hudson 'Chicken Wire & Hen's Nest' has a few weird electronic ones, inc the original pie fight (redone by Goblin), two dubbed together when the Hari Krishna zombie attacks Fran and one when they find all the bodies in the basement of the projects building.
          Library blog

Comment

Thanks to the DOD ost I've been driving the missus nuts all weekend by whistling 'The Gonk' at ALL times whilst awake.

I'll try and find my Lib comp Lord T - if I can locate it, a copy shall be yours.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I didn't know stuff from 'Chicken Wire....' was used - there's only about one listenable track on the whole LP there. Most of side one is just some bloke running his fingers down the strings of a piano in different directions!

The Gonk is an eminently whistlable tune - I'm guilty of it too!

Comment

Chicken Wire is an awful record!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

There&#39;s one decent track on it, as I recall, but most of it is the sort of stuff you&#39;d play in a shop to drive customers away&#33; I paid a tenner for my copy too - I must have been flush that day........

Comment

i was conversing with mr trunk on a separate matter and mentioned the subject of missing music for DOTD. he said that there was one track that they couldn&#39;t find in the de wolfe archives, even though they searched high and low for it. apparently it&#39;s been lost by de wolfe. don&#39;t know the name of the piece / composer in question though.

Comment

That&#39;s interesting - any way of finding out? It&#39;s a bit surprising, actually, as I thought the de Wolfe archives were pretty sorted.

By the way, I&#39;ve now managed to get hold of a full version of &#39;Tango Tango&#39;, (courtesy of Bongolia - ta, guv&#33, and it turns out it&#39;s only 1 minute long, so I was probably wrong about the other tracks in the mall montage being edited. That&#39;ll learn me&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 22 2004,21:57)]That&#39;s interesting - any way of finding out? It&#39;s a bit surprising, actually, as I thought the de Wolfe archives were pretty sorted.
                        just ask him, i&#39;m sure he&#39;ll divulge the info, he seems a pretty approachable type of chap.

Comment

if anyone finds out i&#39;d love to know- I&#39;ve got most of the obvious ones apart from the first mall muzak. I don&#39;t have a source title? LP? composer for it.
                          Library blog

Comment

I&#39;ve only just picked this up as it took me a few weeks to realise it wasn&#39;t the Goblin soundtrack which I just got recently in France.

Anyway I have no memory of the track &quot;Cause I&#39;m A Man&quot; and I&#39;ve seen the film 3 or 4 times. Anyone know what scene its in? Maybe its one where the action distracts from the music (in a film - god forbid) or maybe I&#39;ve been watching an edited version on video all these years?
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Cause I&#39;m a man is used when the rednecks are taking pot shots at the zombies. This happens after the helicopter flies over them and it cuts to a great sequence. I&#39;ve got the og extended cut anchor bay DVD. There is a new even better DVD coming out this year.

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                              X