X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treeboy
    replied
    Any problems just ask Nizbit. I had to ask how to post when I joined. People on here will help.
    Can't go wrong with a a bit of Can IMO.
    Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Nizbit
    replied
    Greetings all,

It's about time i introduced myself since i've been a member for 2 years, soaking up the knowledge.
    I'm Graham, from west central Scotland,sometimes i find something interesting amongst the 1000's of Jim, Sydney and Lena vinyls.
    I know Martin from the Clyde Valley, he was the one who pushed me in the direction of this place in the first instance so i assume he's still a member, i don't know his user name, haven't seen him in a while. Maybe i know others?
    We seem to share a similar left field taste. Some of my heroes range from Todd Edwards and Moodymann to Igor Wakhevitch and Basil Kirchin. Been amassing raer Krautrock since i was 15, got into Can and blame them.
    My records are getting ridiculous now, over 3000 lps/12s and a few hundred mostly reggae 7's but always looking for more.
    I'll try to post finds if i can work out how to.

Nizbit

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Originally posted by peretti View Post
    I didn't know if it was all going ahead but he's a great batteur and a bit of vinyl fiend to boot. He does like football (QPR) but I've never held that against him...
    Seems to be. First rehearsal next week.
    Could be worse than QPR.
    Our two guitarists follow L**ds and Chelski.

Leave a comment:

• peretti
    replied
    Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
    Ah yes. The new boy.
    Or about to be so.
    I didn't know if it was all going ahead but he's a great batteur and a bit of vinyl fiend to boot. He does like football (QPR) but I've never held that against him...

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Drummer related - I think you know Charlie (no, not an oblique drug ref)...
    Ah yes. The new boy.
    Or about to be so.

Leave a comment:

• IAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Bandini View Post
    Hi, my name is Pierre
    i've been alcool sober for more than one year now
    i like jazz
    i have a cat
    my favorite color is blue
    I have 2 friends but i prefer books and music.
    Apart from the alcohol, the cat, and being called Pierre, you could be describing me. Welcome my friend!

Leave a comment:

• peretti
    replied
    Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
    Such things are possible?
    I'm intrigued.
    Drummer related - I think you know Charlie (no, not an oblique drug ref)...

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Was just having a Beatpack chat with my friend the other day!
    Such things are possible?
    I'm intrigued.

Leave a comment:

• peretti
    replied
    Was just having a Beatpack chat with my friend the other day!

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Hey Hoke Moseley you need to step up and get posting some more of your finds. The Herbcraft track is brilliant More please For a moment there, I was a teenager again, waiting for the sun to come up over a pile of stones beside the 303. Trippy stuff

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoke Moseley View Post
    Hi all,
    If it's any indication of my current leanings, the last three gigs I've been to were Euros Childs, Fumaca Preta, and The Beatpack (-all great!),
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bloody hell.

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoke Moseley View Post
    Hi all,

I've been a long-time lurker (-almost daily since Vinyl Vulture days!), but have previously only managed to break deep cover once or twice five years ago to ask about an Erasmo Carlos track and to enthuse about that 'Jigoku' DVD...

My musical tastes have always been fairly scattershot (-blame Peel!...), so although I like loads of different stuff, I really don't have the incredible depths of knowledge that most of you on here seem to be blessed/cursed with! As a result, I tend to just lurk, learn, and silently doff my cap to your musical wisdom. I do, however, have a lifetime's experience of that giddyingly/frighteningly obsessive fever that tends to happen when finding one's self in the vicinity of vinyl, with which I expect all of you on here will be well-aquainted...

If it's any indication of my current leanings, the last three gigs I've been to were Euros Childs, Fumaca Preta, and The Beatpack (-all great!), and the last record I bought was this ...er... echo/reverb-drenched propulsive afro/motorik thing: https://soundcloud.com/herbcraft/push-thru-the-veil.

I've never been a prolific poster anywhere on the internet, but thought I'd just drop in on this thread to say 'Hi!' and thanks for all of your great musical banter and tip-offs over the years.

Hello Hoke, welcome! Get your finds up, join in, talk about cheese and badgers and all that other vg+ stuff

edit: I forgot - capes!

Leave a comment:

• Hoke Moseley
    replied
    Hi all,

I've been a long-time lurker (-almost daily since Vinyl Vulture days!), but have previously only managed to break deep cover once or twice five years ago to ask about an Erasmo Carlos track and to enthuse about that 'Jigoku' DVD...

My musical tastes have always been fairly scattershot (-blame Peel!...), so although I like loads of different stuff, I really don't have the incredible depths of knowledge that most of you on here seem to be blessed/cursed with! As a result, I tend to just lurk, learn, and silently doff my cap to your musical wisdom. I do, however, have a lifetime's experience of that giddyingly/frighteningly obsessive fever that tends to happen when finding one's self in the vicinity of vinyl, with which I expect all of you on here will be well-aquainted...

If it's any indication of my current leanings, the last three gigs I've been to were Euros Childs, Fumaca Preta, and The Beatpack (-all great!), and the last record I bought was this ...er... echo/reverb-drenched propulsive afro/motorik thing: https://soundcloud.com/herbcraft/push-thru-the-veil.

I've never been a prolific poster anywhere on the internet, but thought I'd just drop in on this thread to say 'Hi!' and thanks for all of your great musical banter and tip-offs over the years.

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Who knew Sie Vulture had so many pseudonyms?!

Leave a comment:

• Bandini
    replied
    Hi, my name is Pierre
    i've been alcool sober for more than one year now
    i like jazz
    i have a cat
    my favorite color is blue
    I have 2 friends but i prefer books and music.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X