• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charly
    replied
    My photography is
    kinda on hold atm.
    Too many things occupying my time.
    Having said that, I am free for the next three weeks and the Technics are warmed up if you want to come down :-)

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    So I take it you are over 50 rapstertee Get off that computer and on that Spacehopper with you. Life without a turntable? Wow, I'm going to have to sit down and contemplate that one.
    Welcome aboard Charly. Bonnet da douche to you too sir. Got there in the end! You still got a link to those amazing graffiti photos mon ami ?

Leave a comment:

• rapstertee
    replied
    Evening All! I'm Terry, I'm the wrong side of 40 but the right side of 50. I'm an artist, author and ex-boyband member (don't worry, you've never heard of my band...), and I still have a lot of vinyl but nothing to play em on.
    I class myself as English but I've lived in Wales since 1980, which is fine by me as it's the home of Doctor Who. I have two kids, a spacehopper and a fear of being found as a cobweb-coated skeleton slumped over my keyboard with Facebook still on.

Leave a comment:

• Charly
    replied
    Bonsoir. Je suis Charly.
    Je vis à Londres et à creuser pour les échantillons ainsi que pour la musique, je ai tout simplement jamais entendu auparavant.
    Je suis ici pour poursuivre mes études de disques rares et de la musique donc merci à l'avance pour tous ceux qui contribuent ici.

Charly...

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by Modspinner View Post
    Greetings One And All, My Moniker Is Modspinner, And Yes You Guessed It, I'm A Mod Who DJ's.

I've Been Collecting The Vinyl Since A Very Young Age, Around Eight. But Had Built Up A Healthy Collection Of Rock & Roll 7" via My Mum & Dad.
    Then Along Came 2Tone & The Jam.
    My Fixation With Blues, Soul & Jazz et al Started In 1982 After Purchasing A Charly R&B Sampler & For Dancers Only (Kent Records)

I've Been A DJ On The Mod Scene Since 1986 And My Rafters On The House Creak Louder Everytime A New Vinyl Purchase Comes Through The Door.

Alway's In Search For That Next Monster Track..

I know Slim Jim, And Met Others At Northern Brillo..
    I'm pretty sure we met at Northern Brillo and the fair the next day... nice finds, the Underdogs as recall... welcome to the board, your knowledge & enthusiasm will be right at home here...

Fuz

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Welcome aboard. Looking forward to some posts of the stuff coming through the door, especially that next monster Good luck with that, don't be shy, dive in, the waters round here are friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Modspinner
    replied
    Greetings One And All, My Moniker Is Modspinner, And Yes You Guessed It, I'm A Mod Who DJ's.

I've Been Collecting The Vinyl Since A Very Young Age, Around Eight. But Had Built Up A Healthy Collection Of Rock & Roll 7" via My Mum & Dad.
    Then Along Came 2Tone & The Jam.
    My Fixation With Blues, Soul & Jazz et al Started In 1982 After Purchasing A Charly R&B Sampler & For Dancers Only (Kent Records)

I've Been A DJ On The Mod Scene Since 1986 And My Rafters On The House Creak Louder Everytime A New Vinyl Purchase Comes Through The Door.

Alway's In Search For That Next Monster Track..

I know Slim Jim, And Met Others At Northern Brillo..

Leave a comment:

• laughingstock
    replied
    The stuff I'm always really excited about discovering is electroacoustic/"experimental" music (the droney stuff more than the clangy stuff) and mellow string soli (guitar, lute, harp, veena, etc). As I get older I realize I lean more toward genres that sell for pennies at the thrift and don't inflame my tinnitus.

Of course I also love tons of less esoteric soul/rock/ssw/blues stuff. I've only been seriously accumulating records for about 7yrs so it seems like I'm constantly veering down new avenues. Hoping this board will send me down a few more.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Get stuck in James. What sort of stuff do you like by the way?

Leave a comment:

• laughingstock
    replied
    Hi guys! My name is James. I live in Colorado, but am a former resident of North Yorkshire who telecommutes for a UK company, so I've got one foot in the VG+ realm.

I post a little bit on Waxidermy which has been great because there are a lot of people there whose tastes are similar to mine, but I've been told VG+ is a little more about music rather than just collecting, which is probably more my speed.

Looking forward to wasting a lot of time here!

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Hahaha... brilliant John..!

In answer to the actual question, Ashra piped up "what if someone gives the answer cheese, badgers or sausages..?"

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    @Sie..

Is this really the new VG+ Q and A verification system referred to here

Q1. What is sometimes black an goes round at 33rpm?

Q2. Phil Collins or Bootsy Collins - which do you have in your record collection?

Q3. Is a slipmat?
    a) a door mat without proper safety grips.
    b) a cloth thing for your turnatble
    c) a nasty stain on underwear

Q4. Is a Brillo?
    a) a collection of vinyl nerds playing records in a bar
    b) a item the missus uses on pots and pans
    c) the smart lad in class

Q5. When you have too much record luggage when returning from holiday what do you do?
    a) Ship the excess record back by mail
    b) Decide your eldest can work his passage back home and the records can have his ticket for the flight
    c) Give the excess records to a local charity

Leave a comment:

• giantchicken
    replied
    Originally posted by roisto View Post
    Ocora is a French label that has released 'field recordings' and ethnic music from around the globe since the late 1950's.
    Cheers fella. Had a look at their output - nothing at all other than Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan that I'd recognise, but then I suppose that's the point of the label isn't it? Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Hayes
    replied
    Roistoooo! Nice to see you back here. Would be nice to bump into you in the flesh sometime too, it's been too long. Stopping by Digelius when unemployed can be painful though

Leave a comment:

• roisto
    replied
    Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
    Welcome back Risto/Roisto - and now I've been enlightened as to what 'Balearic' means, I have to ask you - what is Ocora?
    Ocora is a French label that has released 'field recordings' and ethnic music from around the globe since the late 1950's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X