X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expansions
    replied
    Hello forum,

London based collector and occasional DJ here!

Funk, soul, jazz, disco, boogie, roots and dub reggae, hip-hop, 70s rock, latin, outernational oddities and a growing collection of Japanese late 70s/early 80s electronic obscurities...

Proud E&S DJR400 owner

Leave a comment:

• shaggyotis
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    bout time !
    Better late than never

Leave a comment:

• shaggyotis
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Welcome along mate, with tastes like that I'm sure you'll fit right in!
    Cheers mr sayers! What do you collect yourself?

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by shaggyotis View Post
    Hello all, I've been lurking around on the fringes for a while now but thought I'd plunge in and introduce myself! I'm Chris, mostly into disco/funk/soul but also collect libraries, sunshine pop, Brazilian, weird easy bits, a bit of psych and prog.. just about most things really. I'm based in Bournemouth and am friends with reza
    Welcome along mate, with tastes like that I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    bout time !

Leave a comment:

• shaggyotis
    replied
    Hello all, I've been lurking around on the fringes for a while now but thought I'd plunge in and introduce myself! I'm Chris, mostly into disco/funk/soul but also collect libraries, sunshine pop, Brazilian, weird easy bits, a bit of psych and prog.. just about most things really. I'm based in Bournemouth and am friends with reza

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortunate One View Post
    Hiya peeps, I'm new member Fortunate One. I hope to contribute to your fantastic forum! Yay!
    Welcome Fortunate One! Look forward to your posts, don't forget the cheese and badger talk Oh, and cloaks

Leave a comment:

• Fortunate One
    replied
    Hiya peeps, I'm new member Fortunate One. I hope to contribute to your fantastic forum! Yay!

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Cheers Alan

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    blackjontheconqueror and amidar:

welcome along, lurkers-going-public

jazz lovers and soundcarriers sleevers, collectors and designers, eh...

you'll fit right in.

engage and enjoy.

and if you know good soup recipes, share. especially later in the year.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Hey People, finally managed to get registered. I don't do much forum stuff but this such a cool forum that I always get lost in browsing so decided to jump in. I collect jazz, electronica, rock, exotica pretty much anything though always err towards the jazzy stuff more often than not however much to the wifes dismay will buy anything with a crazy cover and have eclectic taste.

Last good find to my ears anyway was 'Howard Blake - That Hammond Sound' a not rare Studio2Stereo release but it had a great cover and full of top tunes and early session work by John Mcclaughlin so was well chuffed as I knew none of that when I bought it.

Now I really should sort my profile out with a pic and all that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• blackjontheconqueror
    replied
    Hey Yawl,

I'm Jon, Longtime lurker and co-designer of a Soundcarriers sleeve or two. Interested in anything with a groove.

Leave a comment:

• Plainstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
    So, here I am, ready to share my ignorance.
    Always good to remember that an ignorance shared is an ignorance halved ... and quite possibly the start of a rattling good thread and a new wants list

Welcome, bienvenue, wilkommen, ようこそ!

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Hi

My main area of interest is late 60's-early 70's genre crossing sounds. Soundtracks being a good source, presumably because the performer is reaching for whatever musical idea is called for in the given moment. I've been lurking since late Vinyl Vulture times.

I haven't joined as I have rarely thought that I have had anything to contribute. Recently, though, there have been a few things that I could have said. And a member suggested it. So, here I am, ready to share my ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
    Hi Ron. I'm sure you'll fit right in. As you say one minute your collecting one genre then all of a sudden a new one grabs your attentions. This place has a lot to answer for, for that kind of thing.
    That's right. I only came here to borrow a cup of sugar; now I can't get into my front room due to it being full of 180lb vynils, as I believe they are called. Very soon I'll have to buy a gramophone to play them on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X