X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Moore View Post
    Howdy Board! began as a doowop/ 50s R&B collector got into underground 60s-70s rock about twenty years ago and now dabble in pre-war blues and string band 78s... the wheel it goes round and round. open to pretty much any mind expanding sounds with distinctive vocals. Pax...
    Hi Ron. I'm sure you'll fit right in. As you say one minute your collecting one genre then all of a sudden a new one grabs your attentions. This place has a lot to answer for, for that kind of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Moore
    replied
    Howdy Board! began as a doowop/ 50s R&B collector got into underground 60s-70s rock about twenty years ago and now dabble in pre-war blues and string band 78s... the wheel it goes round and round. open to pretty much any mind expanding sounds with distinctive vocals. Pax...

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Welcome.!

Leave a comment:

• NoRecordSnobs
    replied
    Hello forum.

My name is Richie and I am from Victoria, BC, Canada

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome along Jordan mate, sure you'll fit right in.

I ain't been to King Bees for a while...

Leave a comment:

• theboyjordan
    replied
    Hi I've finally got round to posting having registered some time ago.

I'm based in Manchester, mere yards from King Bee records, for those that know it. I collect mostly 70’s and modern soul, more focus on the little ones these days, but also soul LPs, disco 12"s when I can afford them and still have a penchant for c86/ early creation style indie. Don't get out much these days due to kids but still enjoy playing, listening, talking about and looking a pictures of records!

PS I have a couple of 4x4 expidits I'm planning on freecycling this week if any manchester people would like first dibs please get in touch, hope it's OK to mention that here

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    welcome Rich

Leave a comment:

• The Dainty Tudor Duke
    replied
    My name is Rich

Attending the Northern Brillo II convinced me that joining the VV is a good idea

Let's hope so

Hello to all

R

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    welcome mot

Leave a comment:

• mot
    replied
    just posted my first finds

very nice forum (almost addicted to the finds section)
    started collecting vinyl 'ages' ago and still digging for more
    buying mostly 'cheap' thriftstore/fleamarket/charity vinyl and also reissues (from hard to find lp's)
    nearly no 'new' artists but recently PYE AUDIO CORNER blew me away (soooo goood)

anyway, keep up the good work, guys/girls

Leave a comment:

• Mr SJ Herd
    replied
    Originally posted by x-ray my mind View Post
    Hello all. I’m Matt.

Been accumulating records as far back as I can remember. Though the last few years I seem to have amped this up further, hence my joining here (which surely won’t help). I notice a few other newbies on here confessing to being ‘lurkers’, and I’ve certainly perused these pages from afar a few times too. Sorry... Laziness on my part. The plus side is that I know you’re not all mean spirited and snooty shits

Musically I’m pretty broad these days, though I guess my youngest roots are in 80s Hip Hop/Electro and OSTs. Lived through, and was touched by the rave era, but simultaneously discovered all sorts of other wonders via the late great John Peel, and tendency to take blind punts on records based on sleeve artwork/names/symbols. You could also probably say I’m just coming out of the other side of a long term fling with avant-y noise/experimental stuff. I still love ‘difficult’ music, but TUNES! Wow, they’re pretty fun too…

I’m a big film head as well, and co-run the Hellfire Video Club nights in Bristol with messrs Pencilface. I also do other stuff at Bristol’s amazing Cinema/gig venue/art space The Cube Microplex.
    Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• x-ray my mind
    replied
    Hello all. I’m Matt.

Been accumulating records as far back as I can remember. Though the last few years I seem to have amped this up further, hence my joining here (which surely won’t help). I notice a few other newbies on here confessing to being ‘lurkers’, and I’ve certainly perused these pages from afar a few times too. Sorry... Laziness on my part. The plus side is that I know you’re not all mean spirited and snooty shits

Musically I’m pretty broad these days, though I guess my youngest roots are in 80s Hip Hop/Electro and OSTs. Lived through, and was touched by the rave era, but simultaneously discovered all sorts of other wonders via the late great John Peel, and tendency to take blind punts on records based on sleeve artwork/names/symbols. You could also probably say I’m just coming out of the other side of a long term fling with avant-y noise/experimental stuff. I still love ‘difficult’ music, but TUNES! Wow, they’re pretty fun too…

I’m a big film head as well, and co-run the Hellfire Video Club nights in Bristol with messrs Pencilface. I also do other stuff at Bristol’s amazing Cinema/gig venue/art space The Cube Microplex.

Leave a comment:

• spacefin
    replied
    Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    Welcome spacefin!

Oddly enough I am working on a similar map. Would you mind sending me a picture?
    hey, I missed this! Sorry, don't usually check these kinds of threads much. I'm back at home now so I'll pick up one and scan it in today if I can. Good welcomes to Ralph and Julie, too.

Leave a comment:

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
    Hi, my name is Haron. I am from Sydney, Australia. I have been collecting records for 20 years and dealing in records for 12 years or so. I prefer progressive rock and some folk rock. Been a member of another forum for years but it is quite dead these days so thought I'd try this one.
    welcome Haron. Lets hope you stick around on this forum :-) We have our quiet periods too but we seem to be coping better than some other boards.

Leave a comment:

• jb stanislas
    replied
    Hi, my name is Haron. I am from Sydney, Australia. I have been collecting records for 20 years and dealing in records for 12 years or so. I prefer progressive rock and some folk rock. Been a member of another forum for years but it is quite dead these days so thought I'd try this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X