X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penelopy
    replied
    My first record purchase was Sheer Heart Attack by Queen, so long ago but never forgotten

Leave a comment:

• casserole
    replied
    Not new. But havn't posted for a long time. Good to be back.

Leave a comment:

• ONELOUDER
    replied
    Newbee intoducing himself...Avid collector of vinyl {and cds}.......shout out to all vinyl junkies.....regards....

Leave a comment:

• verygoodcharles
    replied
    HI all

Took me a while to find the intros thread. Just a quick hi. Hopefully you'll be getting to know me as I dig through the forum crates!

Charles

Leave a comment:

• spacefin
    replied
    Given that there's a vinyl digger's map given out with a couple of dozen stores on it (and a bunch of more general and unreliable second-hand stores not on the list) I'd say records here have got to be healthier than Sydney. Places have definitely gone, or moved to smaller premises, and I can't speak for what might've been ten years ago or so, but there's plenty around.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Good to have you on board Spacefin. How's Melbourne for vinyl? Checked Sydney last time I was over, and my mate who I was with, and who used to live there, reckons a whole load of shops he remembers have gone. Hope it's better where you are.

Leave a comment:

• spacefin
    replied
    hullo, i'm spacefin et al

it has always seemed off-point to use real names on the internet, but being a latter-day vinyl hoarder in one's twenties maybe this is a generational thing.

based in Melbourne, Australia, but there's not much population density here in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Hello people.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome along Klepsie, I'm sure your in the right place here!

Leave a comment:

• Klepsie
    replied
    What-ho!

Finally made it aboard here, after several previous attempts got stuck in the filters somewhere. Thanks for having me.

I'm Klepsie, and I have a problem... I collect 45rpm records. Started as a teenager, took a few years "off" after graduation when I had neither the room nor the money to actively collect, now definitely back in the groove again (so to speak). I play (and write songs for) a London indie-punk band, but my collection has a little bit of everything... I love anything weird and obscure. I can't pass by a charity shop without diving in to see if they have vinyl, and since I visit the US a couple of times most years, I try to find time to go crate-digging in local vinyl stores while I'm over there.

I moderate over on www.45cat.com, a site I commend to anyone here collecting singles who hasn't already checked it out. I am an unashamed spod and geek when it comes to music and nothing pleases me more than finding some obscure label variation between pressing plants, or scouring the internet for details of some obscure artist. Think I'm in the right place?

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied
    Cheers pitch!
    I'm glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• pitch
    replied
    Originally posted by dusty View Post
    Nothing I love more than having a day or even a small window of time to get out and look for records. Like many I'm up at markets early digging through a box or politely asking the lovely lady's at my local op shop if there are any new records in.
    Having a father who collects also has been a real blessing.
    My tastes lean on soul, funk, rhythm and blues, jazz, exotica though I'm pretty open to hearing something fresh that I don't know.
    I keep a tight collection of somewhere over a thousand lp's and about the same number of sevens. Thankfully it's growing still...
    Look forward to sharing and learning here. Cheers!
    Welcome - joining a perfectly formed and growing contingency from Down Under

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied
    Nothing I love more than having a day or even a small window of time to get out and look for records. Like many I'm up at markets early digging through a box or politely asking the lovely lady's at my local op shop if there are any new records in.
    Having a father who collects also has been a real blessing.
    My tastes lean on soul, funk, rhythm and blues, jazz, exotica though I'm pretty open to hearing something fresh that I don't know.
    I keep a tight collection of somewhere over a thousand lp's and about the same number of sevens. Thankfully it's growing still...
    Look forward to sharing and learning here. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• griffo
    replied
    thanks man.
    for the kind words –
    and the advice.
    i'll try.

bonne soirée, j

Leave a comment:

• effi_deep
    replied
    Originally posted by griffo View Post
    hi,

i'm know this comprehensive place thanks to effi_deep to whom my heart belonged several years.
    in fact i don't know that much about music - but i greatly estimate. i've only a small collection.
    i enjoy many different stuff. amongst others progressive rock with an influence of music from india.
    or older stuff like music from kurt weill/bertolt brecht. but in a quite historical way… the texts are really nice.
    the trigger to came here is a magazine-project for school. i decided to do a music-magazine called record shop.
    an anthology of ten songs (theme: secluded trip – from a cheerfully walk on a pretty nice day [sour soul - pool-pah]
    to a voltage ride through the empires of eternal void [la horse - serge gainsbourg].
    i though maybe some of you could perhaps have some stories up one's sleeve to one or two
    of the songs i've selected.
    we'll see –

hope you can understand my bad english
    griffo
    welcome along!
    you made it to the right place.
    it might be a good idea to start your own thread in the main forum about your project.
    vg+ folks are very helpful and this sounds like a nice project!
    flasher soundtrack and serge gainsbourg...vg+ loves this stuff!
    i'm sure the plussers will come up with things.
    also, plussers, be nice as griffo knows vg+ for a long time, has good taste and knows how to buy the right 45s in thriftstores.
    all the best with the magazine.
    s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X