Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 'Plussers Introduce Yourself..!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Konig, welcome aboard. I'd say try initiating a thread in your area of interest, maybe people can suggest similar things, depending on how you present it, and see what happens. .Don't be a wallflower, dive in, we all love talking about music and are all looking for good suggestions, so you are definitely in the right place
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

    Comment


    • Originally posted by konig
      Hello, am stateside & haven't really been new here, as I've been lurking for a long while and had a few inquiries, though have frequented others boards for awhile. Thought maybe a formal into would be good.

      Pretty interesting here, as I am attempting to come across more British folk pressings, recordings in any format. Have been collecting for many years (since the 80's), and have collaborated with album cover design projects, etc. I do graphic design and also am interested in posters, books about the 60's - 70's psychedelic related and so on.

      I feel kind of lost here as it seems like there's a lot to explore, as this is new territory for me. Would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction...
      Welcome aboard Konig.... Many on her like folk (British or otherwise) Im sure there will be loads to share
      sigpicRock on Penderyn

      Comment


      • Whats up everybody,

        first of all I got to say, Im so glad to have found this forum for music/vinyl nerds like me. i had been looking for a while now and only stumbling upon many deserted ones..

        Anyway, Im 26, from Germany, working in finance for a large construction corp., and spending way too much time and money on records. I enjoyed a musical upbringing (at first forced by the parents), playing violin and (electric) guitar, which was probably the best thing that could happen to me. I quickly got introduced to various genres, skimming through blues, jazz, metal, indie, punk and ska. In the last decade my focus has moved to (sample-based) Hip-Hop/Beats, Soul, Jazz, Funk and Rare Groove, sprinkled with the occasional and partly growing lust for sample-based house and psych-jazz/funk/soul. I myself DJ a bit and make regular mixes for various occasions and Im slowly getting into the production side. (if you feel like checking it out see: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan)

        All in all: I think my musical knowledge/input and my record collection can only profit from VG+!

        By the way: Great choice of an icon by my pre-poster! Idris Mohammed is essential listening. I love how Jamie XX sampled his stuff in his recent solo debut!
        Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

        Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

        Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

        Comment


        • Hello from west Lancashire.

          I've been collecting for 22 of my 37 years, and recently happened upon this interesting forum.

          There seems to be threads that I can contribute to, along with threads that will teach me something new.

          I collect all genres so hopefully I can bring something to the VG+ table.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Aubrey View Post
            Hello from west Lancashire.

            I've been collecting for 22 of my 37 years, and recently happened upon this interesting forum.

            There seems to be threads that I can contribute to, along with threads that will teach me something new.

            I collect all genres so hopefully I can bring something to the VG+ table.
            Hello Aubrey. I buy all genres too- it's a right royal pain isn't it. It would be so much easier if I stuck to, say, Reggae. Welcome to the VG+ table- it's an extender, thank God!
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
              Hello Aubrey. I buy all genres too- it's a right royal pain isn't it. It would be so much easier if I stuck to, say, Reggae. Welcome to the VG+ table- it's an extender, thank God!
              A pleasurable pain all the the same. Thanks for the welcome and I'll pull up a chair.

              Comment


              • Anthony - London
                Like records, buy records (& other stuff), currently accumulating it all in disorganised piles until I finally manage to land that staring role in The Hoarder Next Door.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ant View Post
                  Anthony - London
                  Like records, buy records (& other stuff), currently accumulating it all in disorganised piles until I finally manage to land that staring role in The Hoarder Next Door.
                  Sounds like you're in the right place, Anthony....welcome....remember one man's 'disorganised pile' is another's 'mix in the pre-production stage'...another Shoreditch refugee huh?...it must be hell down there....
                  you can hear colours when they rhyme...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ant View Post
                    Anthony - London
                    Like records, buy records (& other stuff), currently accumulating it all in disorganised piles until I finally manage to land that staring role in The Hoarder Next Door.
                    If you're really keen on levering your way on to a hoarder programme try collecting your urine in bottles. It's free and it never fails to impress.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                    Comment


                    • I love my urine collection.
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks all for the welcome.

                        Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                        ...another Shoreditch refugee huh?...it must be hell down there....
                        E8 but otherwise yes, & expensive nowadays too.
                        Currently in the process of trying to break out. Got to keep believing it can happen. Without faith, nothing is possible...

                        Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                        If you're really keen on levering your way on to a hoarder programme try collecting your urine in bottles. It's free and it never fails to impress.
                        Originally posted by eine View Post
                        I love my urine collection.
                        Not quite there yet but my late grandfather kept his is the downstairs toilet & called it deterrent - using it, (he claimed successfully) to mark his territory in the garden.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ant View Post
                          Not quite there yet but my late grandfather kept his is the downstairs toilet & called it deterrent - using it, (he claimed successfully) to mark his territory in the garden.
                          RESPECT
                          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

                          Comment


                          • We fling Leo Sayer lps at any late night crate diggers lurking in the grounds. They tend to scuttle toward the offending article (they can't help themselves you see), but once they realise what it is they're off, arms waving in the air. Most entertaining.
                            Welcome aboard btw Ant.
                            Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                              Welcome aboard btw Ant.
                              Thanks!

                              Comment


                              • Hi all

                                Real name Andre based in Guernsey. Still DJing and promoting part time...One time Hip Hop nut (still dipping), much more likely to be on the hunt for disgusting funk. I also like heavy soul, some rnb, some latin, afro etc. Definitely NOT modern, disco or Northern for me - sorrryyyy!
                                Anyway...hellloooo!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X