X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_big! View Post
    ( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .
    I take this opportunity to wish all of the members a Merry Christmas, may it be peaceful and calm.
    I will introduce myself more detailed later.
    Happy Christmas to you as well
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• ( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .
      As I have promised, here are more details about me and my collection. I seriously started record collecting (vinyl only!), when I was 20. Nowadays many many years are gone since that time!

I had a break inbetween (1980 - 1986) but continued after that and kept collecting until today. As storage space became an issue and my love started to complain about the mess in my small "man cave" (10 m²), I decided to create storage shelves for the second time. The first time I did this at the end of the '70s with single boxes for 12" recordings. Each of these boxes contains about 50 albums. I still use these boxes for approximately the half of my entire collection. I chose to stay with the "box concept" storage system, but changed it this time and lifted up the boxes by using a skelleton. The advantage is the space I got on the floor now. I use it for the 12" singles, which are stored in wheeled boxes, that gives me the option to pull the out and flip throug the singles comfortably.

The construction lasted about 2 weeks on concentrated work and 7 more weeks of work beath my freelancing business at the end of 2015. But I'm delighted and satisfied now with my cosy and tidy music listening room now.

My collection consists of a wide variety of genres, ranging from prog pop and prog rock over to experimental electronic, post punk and not at least vocal jazz.

After more than 45 years of collecting, no additional storage space is disposable anymore. Increasingly I find myself discovering recordings in my cabinets, which I haven't pulled out for two decades or even longer. I started to think about selling some of these, especially the ones that caused me conflicting emotions ever since I've bought them. I came to the conclusion, that it doesn't make any sense no longer, to keep these just for the reason to know, that I own them. I'm beyond the point, of feeling the need to identify me and my collection by the number of recordings I own. I never counted them in all these years anyway.

I started to sell them at 'Discogs' with surprisingly great success. I always struggled to do the pricing reasonably and I feel that they went to collectors, that really appreciated records, that have been cared for pretty well, over the years.

I attach a few pictures of my latest storage creation and of my (small) realm.
      The start:

Finished:

I have exhibited a few of my little gems on , in case you are interested.
      VinylRotation - the fine art of record cover artwork & more

Comment

• Welcome back B_big!

Hope you stick around this time and find enough to keep you amused.

I could do with building some shelves like yours!

Turbo
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Welcome back .
          Please remove the link to your sales ... we don't do that sort of thing here .
          Cheers and yes ... cool shelves
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Edit issue

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
            Welcome back .
            Please remove the link to your sales ... we don't do that sort of thing here .
            Cheers and yes ... cool shelves
            Originally posted by Turboellis
            Welcome back B_big!

Hope you stick around this time and find enough to keep you amused.

I could do with building some shelves like yours!

Turbo

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .
            Firstly thank you for the your Welcome, it's appreciated.

I'd like to remove the link, and I've already tried to correct a few spelling errors. The issue is, when I user the "Edit" button, the posting isn't shown, all I see is a blank window. Maybe somebody can assist me with the edit option?
            VinylRotation - the fine art of record cover artwork & more

Comment

• Hello All. I'm a person who likes records, residing on the south coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by mondobizarrojams View Post
                Hello All. I'm a person who likes records, residing on the south coast.
                Is it only records that reside on the south coast that you like or are you also amenable to records from 'up north'?
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Welcome mondobizarrojams, you'll get used to the sharp-tongued wit on here ... or you won't.

& the more you put in, the more you'll ... GET OUT! (just another wee joke)

Seriously, welcome to vg+, start a thread or two and get stuck in!
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                    Welcome mondobizarrojams, you'll get used to the sharp-tongued wit on here ... or you won't.

& the more you put in, the more you'll ... GET OUT! (just another wee joke)

Seriously, welcome to vg+, start a thread or two and get stuck in!

Nicely put!
                    DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

• Howdy newbie here, been lurking for a while and you all seem pretty weird , so reckon I might like it here.
                      'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

• Welcome Davedave - look forward to seeing what you having lurking in the shelves

Comment

• Hello. I'm based in sunny Denver Colorado. I listen to a lot of different genres; I'm on a bit of a reggae kick at the moment, but I have tons of jazz, soul, electronic and dance stuff, latin, disco, and African releases (both traditional and funk/disco/boogie stuff) in my collection. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Comment

• Hello mantis and welcome aboard. Im based in the UK but plan to visit Colorado and probably Denver in the coming months. What have you got going on? Any shops you would recommend?

Cheers

G
                            Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
                            stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

• Hello all,

New to the board, just wanted to say hi! I've been collecting (again) for the last few years! I love and collect all types of music, but have an (un)healthy obsession with late 80's / early 90's Seattle scene / Grunge stuff! My favourite band is Silverchair! Oh and I'm from England!

Ok, bye!

Comment

• Welcome FC, Silverchair blimey I remember them, is 1976 your year of birth would make you the same age as me roughly. Dive in mate people are into all sorts around here and I know a lot of 90's stuff is highly collectible these days. Wish I'd looked after my records when I was at school or kept half of them come to that!

Originally posted by FCJ1976 View Post
                                Hello all,

New to the board, just wanted to say hi! I've been collecting (again) for the last few years! I love and collect all types of music, but have an (un)healthy obsession with late 80's / early 90's Seattle scene / Grunge stuff! My favourite band is Silverchair! Oh and I'm from England!

Ok, bye!
                                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                                X