X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• griffo
    replied
    hi,

i'm know this comprehensive place thanks to effi_deep to whom my heart belonged several years.
    in fact i don't know that much about music - but i greatly estimate. i've only a small collection.
    i enjoy many different stuff. amongst others progressive rock with an influence of music from india.
    or older stuff like music from kurt weill/bertolt brecht. but in a quite historical way… the texts are really nice.
    the trigger to came here is a magazine-project for school. i decided to do a music-magazine called record shop.
    an anthology of ten songs (theme: secluded trip – from a cheerfully walk on a pretty nice day [sour soul - pool-pah]
    to a voltage ride through the empires of eternal void [la horse - serge gainsbourg].
    i though maybe some of you could perhaps have some stories up one's sleeve to one or two
    of the songs i've selected.
    we'll see –

hope you can understand my bad english
    griffo

Leave a comment:

• Mr SJ Herd
    replied
    I'm back home now & again; more often than not when Lee or Sie Norfolk are playing Tanners. Let me know dates etc & I'd be over the moon!

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr SJ Herd View Post
    Alreet!

My names Steven, I'm 23 & now 1/3 of Edinburgh-based Eclectic Mud. Been digging since I was about 15 & have been running nights over the last 4 years (most recently Locarno at the Reading Rooms, Dundee). I'm into a broad range of music, but more often than not I'm chasing 60s soul/garage/psych 45s or anything thats particularly out-there pre '75ish.

I tend to blog about these and other music related things at www.stevenjamesherd.wordpress.com if anyone's interested.

Cheers for havin'is.
    You have arrived, young Jedi.

The force is strong in this one.

Welcome Steven, as Lee says, about time!

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Oh shit....he's on here too now!

'bout time Steven!

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome along Steven mate, give me a shout if you ever want to spin at the Tanners.

Leave a comment:

• Mr SJ Herd
    replied
    Alreet!

My names Steven, I'm 23 & now 1/3 of Edinburgh-based Eclectic Mud. Been digging since I was about 15 & have been running nights over the last 4 years (most recently Locarno at the Reading Rooms, Dundee). I'm into a broad range of music, but more often than not I'm chasing 60s soul/garage/psych 45s or anything thats particularly out-there pre '75ish.

I tend to blog about these and other music related things at www.stevenjamesherd.wordpress.com if anyone's interested.

Cheers for havin'is.

Leave a comment:

• peretti
    replied
    BAN

Welcome Chris!

Leave a comment:

• Birth of the Anti-cool!
    replied
    ...I have arrived!
    ....Sweet mother of all that is Serge Gainsbourg - I-HAVE-ARRIVED!

..After the strictest vetting procedure of all time ( that Anti-spam thing REALLY works! ) I seem to be in that most elusive of places..the hallowed halls of the (Ex-) Vinyl Vultures - the Very good plus forum...I thanks you all from the bottom of my stone-cold-black-vinyl-compound-replaced-heart....

My Name is Chris - Long, long time lurker, ( ..that anti-spam thing really, really works - If I believed that thing, I've been banned a thousand times already -being the dumb hick I am just trying to register!) first time poster - I am trying to read up on all the old posts that really got me hooked on this site, usually on Matrix no.s or Pressing houses/Factories across the globe, which is my speciality having worked in one..as i would like to impart my nerdy/nee' informative knowledge to the rest of the board, without sounding too much like the celebrated anorak I think I am...

Records are in my blood - quite literally, having worked in a pressing factory (- sometimes the trimmer does not get rid of all the " flash" around the edge of the record when you are checking for faults- leaving a lasting memory of pain!) - which was Poorly paid, over-worked, and highly pressurised...but I'd do it all again for bowls of rice I loved it so much!

Being the voracious collector I am - more so now I'm getting older - I always walk into a record store, or round a flea market looking at tracks I've never seen thinking.." How did I miss that? " or the existential question most collector's ask themselves, usually as they are trying to blag their way into a record fair at 6.30 am thinking.."..what AM I missing..????

I've read countless blogs, books, and had numerous conversations in the flesh with other collector's over the years - some interesting debates, some p***-poor, but all in good humour - but, I tell ya, nothing compares to the information I have dragged kicking and screaming offa this site to record stores and flea markets, looking for that elusive 50p gem...
    ..................................it's good, at last, to BE a part of it.................!

Leave a comment:

• dukowski83
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I've been a long time lurker and have been in touch with some of you on line. Thought it was time to take the plunge and sign up.

Main loves are private press post punk/synth/outsider sounds - especially if they come from my Tartan clad homeland (Sydney Devine may not apply).

S

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by toby.d View Post
    Hello VG+

I've got a feeling one of you might have influenced my recent musical education directly and mysteriously but I think I'll start a thread about that in the future.

See you on the boards.
    Welcome, looking forward to the thread. I'd say you'd be right about vg+ influencing ones taste, next thing you know you'll be fiending for those ballroom raers

Leave a comment:

• toby.d
    replied
    Hello VG+

I'm new here! I've been visiting the forum for about a year (I think I found it by searching for a tracklist for a mix) to get music recommendations, browse the record pron and generally spy on you all. I grew up listening to Hip-Hop, went through a 60s phase and now listen to and collect anything good (at the moment mostly psych, soul, funk, prog, Asian stuff, Latin stuff etc). I'll post some recent finds soon. I knew I had to sign up properly when I saw so many of my all-time favourites in the 'List LPs you associate...' thread (Vocal Ease, Heart Food, Linda Perhacs, Wendy & Bonnie, Callum Bryce, Scott 4, Melody Nelson, Ball Of Eyes, 666 and on and on).

I've got a feeling one of you might have influenced my recent musical education directly and mysteriously but I think I'll start a thread about that in the future.

Here's a picture of me digging for records.

See you on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• brad v
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Hi Brad. Funk 45's you say..? Not the most fashionable of scenes here in the UK right now, but I still love 'em. I'll happily chat about them with you all day.
    That's okay, I'm often out of fashion. And being so far from the UK, I don't feel too bad about it. If funk is out of fashion, I'm more than happy to relieve people of their records.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Hello folks

New kid on the block here who is currently residing in the garden of england. Started off collecting early 90's hiphop way back when but stupidly sold it all in a moment or two of madness...
    Been buying records seriously again now for a couple of years...

Love Floyd !, psych stuffs, 60s, 70s, prog, hiphop and related + early jungle/ drum n bass, hardcore/ breakbeat stuff from my youth

i work all over the country so when in new places i try and explore the local shops...

Peace !
    J

Leave a comment:

• joeyjones
    replied
    newbie!

Hi everyone,
    New site member here, Long time collector of vinyl on my second collection or over 4000 lp's, 12's and 7's

Leave a comment:

• Funky Charly
    replied
    Thanks, finally loaded in a common flock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X