Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Ollie! Quite a few of us here first got interested in records via hip hop and sampling...

Comment

• Yeah welcome Ollie , from your other post in the CSC thread gather your from Bmth , me too mate

Comment

• Welcome Ollie

Get stuck in as soon as you can as you'll find people here generous with information and occasionally with vinyl too. (You'll have to post a certain amount, maybe 30 or 50 posts to take part in the freebies).

Start a few threads and enjoy yourself!

Turbo
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Hi all,

My name is Branko, I'm 35 year-old civil engineer and 3D modeler from Bosnia. Into music from an early age and always broadening the scope, so now I'm into all kinds of stuff - soul/ disco/ funk/ hip-hop / psych/ rock/ prog/ jazz/ fusion/ metal/ avantgarde/ experimental/ synth/ new wave/ psychobilly/ surf/ electronica. Pretty sure I've left something out, but you'll have to excuse me, because I'm yet to buy my first record, as my daily job and my kid let me enjoy the music only during the commute. For various reasons, my collecting still is really not a collecting, but I love music too damn much not to start anytime

I found about the forum while looking into a Martin Lovegrove interview, and got immediately interested. Maybe it's the forum nostalgia thingy, but I like it here

Personally, I'm into visual arts, 3D modelling and all kinds of different media, so feel free to contact me, because I'd really like to contribute in any way. I will be updating my IG page, so you can check it out and see if there's anything you might like.

https://www.instagram.com/brankobaltic/?hl=hr

https://www.mixcloud.com/branko24/groovin-mix/

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Branko24 View Post
            Hi all,

My name is Branko, I'm 35 year-old civil engineer

You're 35; try not to rub it in!
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Comment

• So after 12 years of periodic lurking, I felt I should contribute, stop 'taking' and give a little!

I'm Rusty, near enough 40, from Portsmouth, UK. I'm a keen collector, that started before getting into hunting for samples, and formally a vinyl DJ which stopped when I ran out of stamina for the late nights and drunken youths... (Although I would be keen to get back into it for the right audience).

Of late I've gotten into Eastern Europe sounds, digging around the Polish funk end of things and will be hitting the streets of Krakow and Warsaw over the next 10 days - you all know the gems. If my lurking has taught me anything its to be nice to Piotr in 'High Fidelity', Krakow!!

Anyway, thought I'd say hello before wading into conversation, thanks for the years of information.

Rusty
                "Son, do you have something to play those old records on?"

www.rustysheriff.com
                www.myspace.com/rustysheriff

Comment

• Originally posted by rusty sheriff View Post
                  Of late I've gotten into Eastern Europe sounds, digging around the Polish funk end of things and will be hitting the streets of Krakow and Warsaw over the next 10 days - you all know the gems. If my lurking has taught me anything its to be nice to Piotr in 'High Fidelity', Krakow!!

Rusty
                  Willkommen Rusty. You'll be knocking back the Krupnik then. One of our kids is in Poland just now. Could I get him to hunt for records for me? Of course not. Just wait until he next asks where his socks are.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Originally posted by rusty sheriff View Post
                    So after 12 years of periodic lurking, I felt I should contribute, stop 'taking' and give a little!

Rusty
                    Well done for making it out of the shadows. God knows we need more active members around here. Krakow and Warsaw sounds great!

Comment

• Cheers lads, Poland has been excellent, a real eye opener. I’ll post holiday snaps (raers!) in a more coherent manner when I’m back in Blighty.

www.rustysheriff.com

Comment

• Let me know if you found any nursery rhyme records. I appear to have started a collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                          Let me know if you found any nursery rhyme records. I appear to have started a collection.
                          In English or Polish? Both?

www.rustysheriff.com

Comment

• Polish!

Comment

• Dang! Today’s a bank holiday and I fly back tomorrow. Have seen some though. Some nice ones in flexi disk greetings cards with fold out stylus. Swanky.

www.rustysheriff.com

Comment

• Snookered by a bank holiday! How dare they?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X