This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    Another newbie but oldie...compulsive crate digger and miner of charity shop bins. Started buying records around 1980. Lent too many records to friends and girlfriends which I never got back. Started selling my remaining records about 10 years ago to clear out the cupboards...but a decade later have considerably more than I started with. Not quite sure what happened there. Main focus of collecting is Island LPs, rebuilding 1980s synth/new wave collection and audiophile classical.
    Irwin

Comment

• Hi Irwin69 and welcome.

It can be a bit slow around here sometimes, so the best thing to try to do is to wake up the old men & women here with a few questions, or start a few threads. From your self-intro, I think you'll be at home here.

Turbo
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• Hi

I am a mellow Canadian and I like Jazz, Soul, Rap, Funk...

Comment

• Originally posted by hizzy View Post
          Hi

I am a mellow Canadian and I like Jazz, Soul, Rap, Funk...
          I've heard all Canadians are mellow, that's the Canadian vibe is it not?

We are all full of natural reserve, and wearing bowler hats over here.

Do you, by any chance, know hundreds of other Canadians you can persuade to sign up? We could do with them right now.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• Hi there everyone I am new on here and kind of new to collecting vinyl I work in the house clearance business and in my work come across a lot of vinyl recently I have found a 12 inch acetate the label is oak records they were based in Merton Surrey England in the late 60s early 70s with people recording there such as David Bowie the Rolling Stones to name a few I have uploaded some snippets on YouTube I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any more information on the band who are named HELLMET There are three songs on one side number 1 hazy shady lady 2 is trust and the third track is honest religion any comments or information would be much appreciated thanks

Comment

• Sorry everyone as I said before I’m new on here and I haven’t quite got the hang of uploading the YouTube videos but if you go onto YouTube and type in oak records there are three videos from Myself Dean Cooke and you can listen to the acetate thanks

Comment

• Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro1973 View Post
                  Hi there everyone I am new on here and kind of new to collecting vinyl I work in the house clearance business and in my work come across a lot of vinyl recently I have found a 12 inch acetate the label is oak records they were based in Merton Surrey England in the late 60s early 70s with people recording there such as David Bowie the Rolling Stones to name a few I have uploaded some snippets on YouTube I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any more information on the band who are named HELLMET There are three songs on one side number 1 hazy shady lady 2 is trust and the third track is honest religion any comments or information would be much appreciated thanks
                  Welcome to the slightly sleepy VG+. Not that many people look in this section. You're probably better off starting a new thread.
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
                  X