X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome a long Charly, I've already been enjoying your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Funky Charly
    replied
    I`m Alex from Ukraine. 23 years old. My native one is Russian and I work as a technical translator dealing mainly with English and Spanish. It`s been several years I`ve been digging bboy breaks in the net and half a year since I got a turntable, an amp and a pair of speakers to focuse on straight searching in the crates, at flea markets, thrift shops + some domestic on-line auctions and discogs platform. Being a member of a few bboy forums, I help people ID the breaks they are after, not in vain. The place of my residence somehow keeps strict digging limits and it`s not so fertile a soil over here, but I manage to reach rich plantations on a regular basis. Been into wide range of all genres that are in one way or another tied to "break phenomenon": psych, prog, funk, garage, mod, moog, library etc. Basically I snatch SOVIET groove, funk, jazz-funk, jazz-rock, psych and all remifications possible. Feel happy to become a part of the VG+ society and ante up to the melting pot of the prodigious source it is.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by brad v View Post
    But I've been been buying a lot of funk 45's lately, so google searches have led me here a time or two...
    Hi Brad. Funk 45's you say..? Not the most fashionable of scenes here in the UK right now, but I still love 'em. I'll happily chat about them with you all day.

Leave a comment:

• brad v
    replied
    Hello, my name is Brad (if my clever user name didn't give that away). I signed up for the forum years ago. And have popped in from time to time, but never too much. I used to frequent the djhistory forum a lot. Haven't spent much time on any forums lately. But I've been been buying a lot of funk 45's lately, so google searches have led me here a time or two. So thought I would introduce myself.

I DJ a couple of times a month at a weekly night, called Soul Stew, here in Portland, Oregon. Despite the name, it's kind of a funk, soul, disco, rock, reggae, etc type of night. I've DJ'ed for 20 some years, playing the aforementioned types of music, as well as more contemporary styles, mostly house music.

So if you see me revive some old threads that no one has looked at in years, now you know where I'm coming from.

Leave a comment:

• Taze
    replied
    Hi, name Taze, based in midlands uk. Long time digger and collector of funk, soul, breaks, hip hop, reggae, ska, funky rock etc

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Welcome welcome welcome.

Leave a comment:

• ivan_smackhead
    replied
    greetings vg+,

i'm from fleet via the wirral. a long time lurker (which will annoy ian townsend ) but finally sticking my oar in.

i was going to write a bit about myself but hopefully you'll get to know me better through the threads.

cheers, danny

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Welcome Greg..!

Leave a comment:

• kiruji
    replied
    Hi everybody... I'm Greg, I'm based in Telford and found this place via Google while researching a turntable I'd spotted on eBay and started reading around, listening to some of the stuff you guys had found and realised I've found a place that will be a brilliant source of music suggestions for me as well as being a place populated by people that will understand why I've bought a record I've never heard of because it has funky looking cover art!

I've only very recently started getting back into vinyl and while I don't know a huge amount about music I'm loving it so far. Long may it continue.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Welcome..!

Leave a comment:

• wipers
    replied
    Hi,

I'm Chris, been reading this for a while. Know a few people who post on here. Love records!Into most styles of music. Originally from Margate.

Respec!

Leave a comment:

• bommierock
    replied
    Hey crew,
    Leon from Australia. Into Reggae,Beefheart,Ween, Hawkwind and all that kind of stuff. I live to get stoned and drink brews in my sound lounge with mates and talk shit.
    Great site ya have going.
    Hope your all doing well

Leon

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Come on then Rich get your Placebo raers posted up in the finds !

BTW welcome along The flight.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by the flight View Post
    Heelloooooooo people!
    Welcome, George. I made my first visit to your city the other weekend and had a most enjoyable time.

Leave a comment:

• the flight
    replied
    Heelloooooooo people!
    I'm George and I live in Bruxelles. As many people around here music has been one of my big interests all my life, I've been collecting records and diggin' since 2003 but I had a big break from that because of my studies and job (a period during which I missed the smell of dusty records a lot!). Now I'm back and I've been browsing this forum for 2 months or so and I was very intrigued to see that people here, besides their big sincere passion, are interested in diggin' out all kinds of music and all types of records. I have a big interest about Eastern-European records not just because of the music, but also because of the history that music tried to fight against back then: the politics, the communism and everything that was against the freedom of creation. Anyway this only pushed them to break the barriers even more than they would have if they were not confined. I'm looking forward to share with you some of my finds, thoughts and infos so let's get the things spinning !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X