X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shere Khan
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ian Townsend;515779]Thank you Paul, your appreciation is appreciated.

Yes, Ian, I can't quite believe it- you've got me seriously considering buying an Emma Bunton CD! I like to think I'm as open-minded as the next man but I never figured on being that open-minded. Mind you, I do find Shy FX and T Power's " Don't Wanna Know" pretty irresistible.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome a long Pete mate, hope you manage to stay in control of your buying habits!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Um
    replied
    Hello all,

sadly I only discovered VG+ several years ago because of the news my friend Neil (Towny on here) had died, but I've been lurking a lot lately as my record-buying habits have started to border on the pathologic. Not sure that joining the forum properly will help that but here goes.

Oh yeah, if anyone patient can explain why I can't upload images to posts that would be helpful. They are less than 800 pixels innit. I get some error thing "500.... cancelable bubbles..." or something. Apologies.
    Last edited by Pete Um; 07-05-2013, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Expiry2011
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
    Standby for the 90s & 00s Pop Stars Steve!
    It'll be a Tumbleweed City Thread on the A-side with Record Collectors Laughing up their Sleeves on the flip... but it's coming shortly anyway.
    Ian - you are such a tease
    I for one can't wait.....

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    I am in awe of the Record scans I've seen on here, and the dedication I've seen to unearthing the information. For anyone who hasn't seen it I'd recommend a look at the Spoke records site which shows how such knowledge can be put to good use.
    Thank you Paul, your appreciation is appreciated.

Originally posted by pitch View Post
    Welcome!! I have a funny feeling you'll fit right in here And hats off to listening to everything - does that include 80s failed pop?
    Standby for the 90s & 00s Pop Stars Steve!
    It'll be a Tumbleweed City Thread on the A-side with Record Collectors Laughing up their Sleeves on the flip... but it's coming shortly anyway.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by djh62uk View Post
    I didn't expect it to get weird quite so soon...
    I could talk catalogue numbers instead.

Leave a comment:

• djh62uk
    replied
    Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
    Oui c'est moi. Aussi Le Roi d'mayonaisse.
    I didn't expect it to get weird quite so soon...

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Welcome Dave..!

ETK you say... Hmmmm.

Oui c'est moi. Aussi Le Roi d'mayonaisse.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Welcome Dave..!

ETK you say... Hmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• djh62uk
    replied
    Hi Der!
    Well it's taken a long time, four or five years probably, but thanks to Sie's efforts I am de-lurking chiefly to say thanks for what a wonderful and generous forum VG+ is. I had pretty catholic tastes before I encountered you lot but I have to say that I've discovered a hell of a lot since. I originally came here thanks to my old chum Emperor Tomato Ketchup and Thrrrrp or whatever Paul calls himself. We know each other via Franks APA one of those weird paper Amateur Press Association things that still survive (just) despite the interweb.
    I've met some folk at a Wolf People gig a couple of years ago; Rich Hero I think and er others, including members of Wolf People at a guess:-)
    I still have a glass platen deck bolted to the wall even if I do use it as a shelf for recent cd listens most of the time. That's largely down to space - living in a 1 bedroom flat for 25 plus years has meant that cds taking up less room than vinyl got preference (let's not talk about downloads!). Last time I tried to join the group was last summer after buying 2 albums whilst on a weekend in delightful Whitstable; but because I'm not the most tech savvy of people I screwed up registration. Ah well. Even if I'm a slight fraud on the vinyl front I can talk the hind legs off a donkey when it comes to music so hopefully I'll be able to drop some wisdom from time to time.
    Many Thanks to Sie again; I'm looking forward to hearing those mix cds I bagged in the auction. The other lot I won from 2010 or so all get a regular airing at work when the boss is out.
    Pip Pip!
    Dave H

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    Welcome Paul. And... Sorry!
    Yes, Mr Hero; you have much to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    I'm Paul.
    Welcome Paul. And... Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• pitch
    replied
    I'm afraid so, if you include The Blow Monkeys in that. I have to admit to a huge fondness for Curiosity Killed The Cat's "Down to Earth", as well.
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by pitch View Post
    Welcome!! I have a funny feeling you'll fit right in here And hats off to listening to everything - does that include 80s failed pop?
    I'm afraid so, if you include The Blow Monkeys in that. I have to admit to a huge fondness for Curiosity Killed The Cat's "Down to Earth", as well.

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    I bought a Deacon Blue record at the weekend if it does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X