X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    I'm Paul. Music has been a constant thread in my life. My mum founded The Cliff Richard fan club (" I thought he said music", I hear you say! Well it was Cliff and the Drifters back then and he was okay). My dad released records on the old Pye label back in the sixties as Johnny Bev. I had my own go just after the punk-rock wars with my group The Jelly Babies. My son does his thing with Fearless Vampire Killers (not for plussers unless you're fond of My Chemical Romance). These days, working for the public sector I can barely afford to buy records anymore, so stumbling across this forum via Wolf People>Rich Hero>Spoke Records>VG+ (that's how I got here) has not helped. In two weeks I'm about £50 down- but richer in vinyl. I listen to everything, which is unfortunate because it means you have to buy everything. My partner has been very generous and I have a whole room to myself for records- which given there were 6 of us here at one point is VERY generous. I am in awe of the Record scans I've seen on here, and the dedication I've seen to unearthing the information. For anyone who hasn't seen it I'd recommend a look at the Spoke records site which shows how such knowledge can be put to good use.
    Welcome!! I have a funny feeling you'll fit right in here And hats off to listening to everything - does that include 80s failed pop?

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    I'm Paul. Music has been a constant thread in my life. My mum founded The Cliff Richard fan club (" I thought he said music", I hear you say! Well it was Cliff and the Drifters back then and he was okay). My dad released records on the old Pye label back in the sixties as Johnny Bev. I had my own go just after the punk-rock wars with my group The Jelly Babies. My son does his thing with Fearless Vampire Killers (not for plussers unless you're fond of My Chemical Romance). These days, working for the public sector I can barely afford to buy records anymore, so stumbling across this forum via Wolf People>Rich Hero>Spoke Records>VG+ (that's how I got here) has not helped. In two weeks I'm about £50 down- but richer in vinyl. I listen to everything, which is unfortunate because it means you have to buy everything. My partner has been very generous and I have a whole room to myself for records- which given there were 6 of us here at one point is VERY generous. I am in awe of the Record scans I've seen on here, and the dedication I've seen to unearthing the information. For anyone who hasn't seen it I'd recommend a look at the Spoke records site which shows how such knowledge can be put to good use.

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    Originally posted by funkfunk View Post
    Hi all, name's Fred and been a sporadic visitor to VG+ for quite a while without the formalities of actually registering. Finally took the giant step of registering a few weeks ago. Although my taste is mainly jazz I enjoy the site because of the varied and eclectic taste of the members; I've learnt so much and discovered an amazing amount of music via the site.

Unfortunately, I got rid of my collection about 8 years ago but, as you all will testify, once you catch that crate-digging bug, it isn't so easy to get rid of. So, finances permitting, back to digging again, albeit tentatively.

I live in Brighton, East Sussex and look forward to contributing to the continued success of VG+.

Good to meet you all.
    Hello Fred. Gotten the father thing out of your system and itchin to get back to the vinyl, are you? Any case welcome back. Passed on the lost Can tapes myself and should prolly get them...

Leave a comment:

• JasonAdored
    replied
    Hi there. Used to sporadically post a few years back then lost log ins - moved house and became a father - so the time disappeared. When my two and a half year old was dancing around the kitchen to disc one of the Can Lost Tapes set I figured it was time I resurrected. I've learned a heckuva lot off some of the guys here over the past few years...perhaps I'll be able to feed some knowledge back at last.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Welcome Fred and Tasos..!
    What he said...Hope you both enjoy the ride!

Leave a comment:

• Pharcyde
    replied
    Glad to find you!!!

Leave a comment:

• funkfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Thanks brother.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pharcyde
    replied
    Hi there.
    My name is Tasos and i am Greek.
    I was suggested this site from another forum and i can see its a nice one.
    I am bank employee,(unfortunatelly hehe) and record collector.
    I collect mostly 70s stuff,roots of hip hop,psych,soul jazz stuff.But also some nice rock,synth and disco 80s stuff that i love too much.
    I m not a dj,but i am always happy to play at my mk2 with my 2000 record collection!!!

Leave a comment:

• funkfunk
    replied
    Hi all, name's Fred and been a sporadic visitor to VG+ for quite a while without the formalities of actually registering. Finally took the giant step of registering a few weeks ago. Although my taste is mainly jazz I enjoy the site because of the varied and eclectic taste of the members; I've learnt so much and discovered an amazing amount of music via the site.

Unfortunately, I got rid of my collection about 8 years ago but, as you all will testify, once you catch that crate-digging bug, it isn't so easy to get rid of. So, finances permitting, back to digging again, albeit tentatively.

I live in Brighton, East Sussex and look forward to contributing to the continued success of VG+.

Good to meet you all.

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    Not bad! Did you find Carsten Meinert's 'To You'? Coltrane-inspired spiritual Eurovision jazzwaltz.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by rbhimself View Post
    There is, there is.. last week I found some crazy beautiful Danish stuff from the CM Musictrain label! Highly recommended in case you don´t know it yet (which is unlikely hehe)
    Fella..! post that up in the Recent Finds thread. Lot's of peeps would be interested in that...

Leave a comment:

• rbhimself
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    You should feel right at home here, rbhimself. I'm always surprised at how much great jazz there is in those styles.
    There is, there is.. last week I found some crazy beautiful Danish stuff from the CM Musictrain label! Highly recommended in case you don´t know it yet (which is unlikely hehe)

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    Originally posted by rbhimself View Post
    mostly straight bob, modal and spiritual things and some occasional funk here and there. I love finding new music or rediscovering known gems..
    You should feel right at home here, rbhimself. I'm always surprised at how much great jazz there is in those styles.

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    Originally posted by Quivering Crumpet View Post
    "Electric Boogie" by the New York Street Breakdancers which my brother found behind a radiator in the house we moved in to
    Badass! Welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X