X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Airplays
    replied
    My name's Chris, I've been buying vinyl for about the last 13 years (since I was 15). I run a clothing brand/podcast series/blog called The Diggers. I DJ regularly across London and try to run my own parties; on my own and with friends. Julian from Second Scene Records in Watford recommended the site to me. I mainly buy: Funk, Soul, Disco, Boogie, House, Electronica and Hip Hop but my tastes go a lot further than this.

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Originally posted by medlar View Post
    Is that Justin Beiber? Holy Lord!
    I was thinking Brian Cox

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Is that Justin Beiber? Holy Lord!

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by Quivering Crumpet View Post
    turned me into this 'High Fidelity' record collector stereotype person obsessive thing monster. The kind who goes mental over East European jazz, weird Italian soundtracks, funny electronic music from the early 60's and rare, privately pressed basement psych pastoral folk pop rural rock things. But then again, some days I think buying records is a total waste of time and money. I reckon I have a complex relationship to music.
    Welcome brother, we've been waiting for you....

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Quivering Crumpet View Post
    My interest in music and records began at age five with a copy of the "Fraggle Rock" 7" and "Electric Boogie" by the New York Street Breakdancers which my brother found behind a radiator in the house we moved in to.
    Hello, mate.

Great way to start a hobby!

Leave a comment:

• Quivering Crumpet
    replied
    Hello VG+ forum,

I've been lurking for some time but recently registered to pester one of your members about a Ron Joseph LP. My interest in music and records began at age five with a copy of the "Fraggle Rock" 7" and "Electric Boogie" by the New York Street Breakdancers which my brother found behind a radiator in the house we moved in to. Stopped buying records ten years ago thanks to the Internet and OiNK but got bitten again in the mid 00's. I think the ones to blame for this renewed interest are Finders Keepers, Trunk and those sort of people. They've turned me into this 'High Fidelity' record collector stereotype person obsessive thing monster. The kind who goes mental over East European jazz, weird Italian soundtracks, funny electronic music from the early 60's and rare, privately pressed basement psych pastoral folk pop rural rock things. But then again, some days I think buying records is a total waste of time and money. I reckon I have a complex relationship to music.

Hopefully I'll have something to add to the discussions in the future. Or I'll quietly keep lurking in the background.

Leave a comment:

• rbhimself
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Welcome along Stephan, jazz gets talked about plenty on here so I'm sure you'll get a chance to join in!
    Great!

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by thenameofthegame
    Hi, I was gonna write a new thread saying I'm back for more poasting agtion but though I'd just bob my head here and say elo. I've been away working offshore for the last year and was concentrating on other stuff but still, as always canna stay away from the old rekkids game, so here I am.

I've recently re bought, again (3rd, time) my collection, kinda like it that way, makes you redefine what you once thought was good without the physical attachment. I'm steering clear of LPs that don't have mostly good tracks on em, sounds like a good plan so far.

Any how - I shall talk shite another day, cheers
    good to hear from you Guy mate

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome along Stephan, jazz gets talked about plenty on here so I'm sure you'll get a chance to join in!

Leave a comment:

• rbhimself
    replied
    Hello everyone,

More than happy to be part of this community! My name is Stephan, I have a modest selection of jazz records, mostly straight bob, modal and spiritual things and some occasional funk here and there. I love finding new music or rediscovering known gems.. Not much to say, hope to be part of conversations soon. By means of introduction, I recently did a mix with my favorite records, it is up here if interested: http://www.mixcloud.com/mentz/unanswered-questions/

A+

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderfulsound View Post
    Wotcha,
    Miles From Wonderfulsound here.. Is it bad form to blatantly tell you about the occasional Wonderfulsound release.. John Stammers, The Kramford Look or God forbid.. The Superimposers.
    Always, Miles
    Miles, what I'm sure Nige meant to post was that it's fine to stick around and talk records and generally join in with the board, and then plug your own releases once in a while. Right Nige? (And by the way, what are VG+ tastes?).

Anyway, nice sea organ on on The Superimposers stuff. I've heard 'Seeing Is Believing' played out a lot of the past year or so.
    Last edited by Rich Hero; 15-02-2013, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wonderfulsound
    replied
    Great
    Thanks
    Miles

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderfulsound View Post
    Wotcha,
    Miles From Wonderfulsound here.. Is it bad form to blatantly tell you about the occasional Wonderfulsound release.. John Stammers, The Kramford Look or God forbid.. The Superimposers.
    Always, Miles
    Hi Miles. I'm sure the site admin can turn a blind eye on this occasion

The releases are definitely suited to the VG+ tastes. Had been meaning to pick up the Stammers LP for sometime and The Superimposers thread prompted me to order. An LP I think would be enjoyed by many from the board. Superimposers tracks are superb....wish their material had seen a full vinyl LP release.

Leave a comment:

• wonderfulsound
    replied
    Wotcha,
    Always, Miles

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    I think you've tinkered your web site to death Steve! I think I'll have a good look through it when it's back up and track down the details of a few elusive comedy items.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X