X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Welcome Steve..! I'm sure you'll be right at home here...

Leave a comment:

• BeebKing
    replied
    I'm in!

There was some sort of force field around the site which was preventing me from registering properly, but thanks to Sie I'm with you at last.

You can call me Steve but the BeebKing is my BBC Records obsessed pseudonym. I'm not always the BeebKing but occasionally I transmute into him and spend hours tinkering with www.bbrecords.co.uk and trying to get it how I want it. I'm hoping to make it the ultimate fan site for BBC records, but who knows.

Otherwise I'm a pretty typical late-thirties, crate digging vinyl lover who has been told that it's strictly one in one out now all the shelves are full - yeah right.

I live in Leeds but originally from Kidderminster, home of the unparalleled Mr Tee's Rock Stop.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    I’ve been lurking on here for some time now so thought it was about time I signed up.

Now about 8 years into what I guess is my 2nd phase of vinyl collecting. The 1st phase started in ’71 as I moved into my teens and included a few years of mobile and then club DJing. Initial vinyl appreciation tailed off sometime around ’84 when the girlfriend-marriage-house-kids scenario took over life and wallet, and increasingly dodgy 80s music miserably failed to leave any impression. So it was, I now realise, I subsequently missed the golden age of crate digging! The internet (music sharing, streaming radio, and lots of record pr*n!) sparked my interest in music again, and now I’ve moved full circle back to being a vinyl addict. Boot sales and charity shops are now an obsession, probably 20 years too late.

Not sure how much vinyl I have now but I am beginning to get worried about the floor in the upstairs spare room! (the better half is currently resisting major vinyl incursions in our downstairs space).

Soul, funk, reggae and not too out-there jazz, are my main squeezes (always have been too, really) but I’m open to most genres.

My avatar confirms that I have an enduring love of Candi Staton. A few years ago I spent some time in the Atlanta area. Whilst there I visited a nearby mini national park type place – Stone Mountain – and, unusually for me (to buy souvenir stuff), bought a cap with Stone Mountain written on it. I subsequently read that Candi Staton lives there. The cap remains a cherished item. That’s true love!

Ambition: to be first to a box of records when I find myself in the same field as John Stapleton (it’s a tough ask).

Leave a comment:

• Billy Dynamite
    replied
    Hello from an Edinburgh native (currently living slightly east). No longer a record collector but was fanatical during the mid 80's to early 2000's, still haven't lost my enthusiasm for listening fortunately although under different formats.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Hi David, welcome to VG+ ...

Leave a comment:

• dsmith322
    replied
    Hello,

My name is David, i'm 23 and I live in Notting Hill, London. I'm mostly interested in soul, house and gospel. I'm kind of new to record collecting, but i've amassed an alright collection already. Would love some tips or comrades to go hunting with, I also have a bit to trade - mostly Malian, Ghanian and gospel stuff.

Cheers,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Just The Sound
    replied
    aye you are overdue a visit

as you can see my typing isn't the best haha and it won't let me edit my post for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Just The Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Welcome along James mate...I think I'm due a long overdue visit to your shop!
    cheers craig........aye you overdue a visit mate haha. nah man nige was in the other week with sneaky eye (can't even remember his proper name is it rob?)

anyhow they were in and bought a couple of bits and bobs (nige paid his final instalment on the battered ornaments lp on harvest). lately loads of records been coming in as in being offered to me but quantity sadly not quality. thursday gone it was literally non stop all day people bringing stuff in wanting to sell it and i think all day i spent about £15. must have looked through 1000's of records that day. just really picky about what i buy in. as it approaches christmas time i think there's gonna be an influx of stuff coming in people wanting money for chrimbo. see if anything interesting crops up - hopefully it will

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    It's never too late!

Welcome along James mate...I think I'm due a long overdue visit to your shop!

Leave a comment:

• Just The Sound
    replied
    Hi everyone

My names James been collecting records since a very young age (single figures) and I'm now 32 so been into vinyl for a good long while now. Already know a few of the north east lads on this forum from going round shops/record fairs over the years and also more recently from them coming into my shop.

Anyhow just wanted to say hello to you all. I realise I'm probably a few years too late in discovering this forum but nevermind, better late than never as they say. Looks to be a really good forum.

Take care folks - James.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnies-Pockets View Post
    Thank you..
    you're welcome - now get working on that post count...

Leave a comment:

• Ronnies-Pockets
    replied
    Thank you..

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by Roonies-Pockets View Post
    My user name should have been "Ronnies-Pockets" but due to a careless sign up I now sound like a screaming Man U fan.. if there is any chance of it being changed please do.
    Welcome Nick..! I'll go sort that name change for you now...

Leave a comment:

• Ronnies-Pockets
    replied
    Hello Everybody,
    I feel that I should have introduced myself before posting on the forum (but I didn't).
    My user name should have been "Ronnies-Pockets" but due to a careless sign up I now sound like a screaming Man U fan.. if there is any chance of it being changed please do.
    I have been fascinated by records for as long as I can remember, My first record I ever recieved was Jimmy Osmonds "Long haired lover from Liverpool" which had the embossed MGM lion on it as far as i recall!!! That single was my most treasured possesion for days
    Anyway I enjoy all the comments on here, Havent a clue what half off you are on about most of the time (Whats a Brillo??)
    And look forward to expand my ever growing interest in music.
    Thanks loads
    Nick.

Leave a comment:

• creationmyth
    replied
    Originally posted by peter sundae View Post
    Welcome along.

This is the kinda thread I was telling you about-

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...VV-VG-Classics!

Great to see someone new to the forum with a thirst for this stuff, I'm sure you'll find the site most helpful and in time I'm sure you'll be able to contribute in turn. Cheers Julian.
    Thanks mate! Really enjoying James Clarke's side of "Passing Scenery" for Bruton at the moment. Not a valuable one, but great all the same.
    Will get on this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X