• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peter sundae
    replied
    Originally posted by creationmyth View Post
    Hello all,

I was introduced to VG+ through "peter sundae" when i visited his record store in Watford. Great shop!
    Im new to serious record collecting and I am mainly focusing my attention on library music at the moment. Got very much hooked after randomly buying The World Around Us by Brian Bennett.

If anyone can recommend me stuff similar to this release, I'd be very much appreciative!

Very much looking forward to trawling my way through everything on here.

Welcome along.

This is the kinda thread I was telling you about-

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...VV-VG-Classics!

Great to see someone new to the forum with a thirst for this stuff, I'm sure you'll find the site most helpful and in time I'm sure you'll be able to contribute in turn. Cheers Julian.

Leave a comment:

• creationmyth
    replied
    Hello all,

I was introduced to VG+ through "peter sundae" when i visited his record store in Watford. Great shop!
    Im new to serious record collecting and I am mainly focusing my attention on library music at the moment. Got very much hooked after randomly buying The World Around Us by Brian Bennett.

If anyone can recommend me stuff similar to this release, I'd be very much appreciative!

Very much looking forward to trawling my way through everything on here.

Leave a comment:

• pH
    replied
    BABY TRACTOR hasn't got a computer or TV at home just a flat full of vinyl

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by BABY TRACTOR View Post
    Just a quick introducing of BABY TRACTOR.
    welcome!

come back!

Leave a comment:

• BABY TRACTOR
    replied
    Just a quick introducing of BABY TRACTOR.

I have been collecting records for about as long as I can remember. mind you, I have a terrible memory and can't even recall what I had for tea on Monday. Hang on. Let me think. Pizza. Yes, that's right. Pizza Express pizza, pepperoni. They're half price in Tesco right now. Or at least they were at the weekend.

My favourite record at the moment is Der Fuehrer's Face by Spike Jones.

My least favourite record at the moment is also Der Fuehrer's Face by Spike Jones.

Despite having a terrible memory, once that hideously catchy tune gets lodged in my head, that's it. My day is ruined.

Whatever you do, please don't listen to it.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Yeah, if you'd have asked, I could have updated your existing profile...

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    ^ Why the name change mate?

Leave a comment:

• francois parker
    replied
    Was Parkz, now Francois Parker.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by nebkins View Post
    Hi. My names Ben and i'm from the small town of Margate on the South East coast. Look forward to sharing and receiving some cool knowledge on this site.
    That's the spirit, Ben..! Good to have you on board...

Leave a comment:

• nebkins
    replied
    Hi. My names Ben and i'm from the small town of Margate on the South East coast.

I've been collecting since 1995 and for the first 10 years or so concentrated mainly on dance music starting with hardcore and jungle and then onto techno and house. Ive always grabbed hip hop and reggae (especially dub) and for the last 5 years ive been trying to get a collection of jazz, soul and funk along with other bits and pieces i stumble upon on my charity shop, bootfair and record shop trawls. My collection is currently sitting at the 12,000 record mark and has been a labour of love for the last 17 years.

Look forward to sharing and receiving some cool knowledge on this site.

Leave a comment:

• BradFrugal
    replied
    Hello all!

Hi

I'm Brad - mainly a collector of stupidly rare punk and powerpop from 77-82, but I dabble in other areas too.

I love my private pressings, particularly SRT ones. I have the Stereotypes EP from 1979 and Machine - Bored With the City, probably the two rarest punk records released on that label. I'm always looking for more of this ilk, so please contact me if you have anything. I have some acetates too.

I also front London cabaret punk band Monkish

http://www.reverbnation.com/monkish

I look forward to speaking to some of you on here in due course

Thanks
    Brad

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    ^ Welcome along mate.....Good luck with your record hunting tomorrow, remember to post up your finds if you strike gold!

Leave a comment:

• nboldock
    replied
    Hi. New poster here, just registered. I've a small but burgeoning vinyl collection. Have had records since I was wee (early 80s) but in recent years got out of the habit as life took over and so on... however a change in circumstances last year led to a house move and the opportunity to give my records (and turntable) pride of place in the lounge once again... and now I've got utterly obsessed again, joyfully. Currently I've around 350 LPs/12s and 460 singles... I realise this is small fry to some on here but I love each and every one of them! And growing by the week... I've taken a half day holiday tomorrow so I can go do some digging...

Anyway - nice to be here. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied
    Originally posted by ajantom View Post
    Hi, used to post back in the Vinyl Vulture Days, then life in the form of relationship, house, retraining as a teacher, and other hobbies (mainly cycling) got in the way of my record buying. But, I've been going to a few fairs and chazzas recently, and rekindled the love especially for British Jazz.
    Welcome back.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by ajantom View Post
    Hi, used to post back in the Vinyl Vulture Days, then life in the form of relationship, house, retraining as a teacher, and other hobbies (mainly cycling) got in the way of my record buying. But, I've been going to a few fairs and chazzas recently, and rekindled the love especially for British Jazz.
    Hello there, glad to have you rejoin - PM me with your old VV forum name and I'll see if I can merge your two accounts..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X