X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Du-Champ
    replied
    Hello All

After some persistence I managed to attain posting rights so I thought I'de say 'ello . Ello . Fascinating to see posts full of records I've never heard off and probably will never own, so lots to learn...

I pick my bits up from booties mainly although I have been tempted back into the charities by a great classical find this month. I tend to pick up things I'm not after at the booties sell em and buy the stuff Im after. I collect the obvious 90's IDM dance but also jazz, contempory classical , weirdy beardy electronica and all the rest of the strangeness I can find. I dont know psych rock n folk but I do dip my toes in if I see it. Best recent find was an apple acetate perhaps I'll post in recent finds.....

So I might be spotted around this gaff now...... perhaps...... I suspose

D

Leave a comment:

• Saint Jude
    replied
    Originally posted by PacificVibrations View Post
    This is actually the third time I've tried to register an account here. That's either a reflection of my social media deficiencies or one more addition to the recent improvements of the site.

My name is David and I was turned on to the board a while back from someblokecalledfuz.

About two years ago I was purchasing a sizable pile of records in Edinburgh when Fuz introduced himself. In what almost felt like a demand, he insisted we should sit down over a cup of coffee while he explained how to locally dig records. I politely declined and said my friends are waiting for me at another shop. At this point he grabs my arm and says ok lets get them as well. Meanwhile, my mate and our host were up the road at some bad excuse for a recordshop flipping through overpriced pedestrian crap. My mate still had a few more bins to see cause there was some "ok stuff". Fuz now needed to get on with his day and back to work, he again insisted we all leave and get a coffee. It was now my task to get them out of the shop and chat with this stranger.

Over coffee Fuz proceeded to mark a map with the charity shops we should check. A meeting was made to view his "out pile" and become acquainted with his mate Lee (LDJB) -

Leave a comment:

• PacificVibrations
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome from you all! At the moment I'm wombling around the UK again with my mate. Perhaps another one of you pluser's will catch the spectacle as did Fuz.

-babycart...your summary makes me want believe you were spying from across the street. Nice one!

-Fuz, yeah we're hitting hard! 340 some lp's, 120 or more 45s including a handful of the 60s Brit Girls high on my list! Sad that we aren't gonna get a chance to see you however the records gods seem to be treating us well.

-Lee, see you in a bit mate!

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post

It is an ancient Blokecalledfuz,
    And he stoppeth one of three.
    `By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
    Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

The Backbeat's doors are opened wide,
    And I am next of kin;
    The guests are met, the records set:
    Mayst hear the merry din.'

He holds him with his skinny hand,
    "There was a chazza," quoth he.
    `Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!'
    Eftsoons his hand dropped he.

He holds him with his glittering eye -
    Pacificvibration stood still,
    And listens like a three years' child:
    The Fuzzster hath his will.

Pacificvibration sat on a stone:
    He cannot choose but hear;
    And thus spake on that ancient man,
    The bright-eyed Blokecalledfuz....
    I wish I was well enough read to know this is a parody of...

All I got to say is... records man, they don't half help to help meet some great people.

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by PacificVibrations View Post
    This is actually the third time I've tried to register an account here. That's either a reflection of my social media deficiencies or one more addition to the recent improvements of the site.

My name is David and I was turned on to the board a while back from someblokecalledfuz.

About two years ago I was purchasing a sizable pile of records in Edinburgh when Fuz introduced himself. In what almost felt like a demand, he insisted we should sit down over a cup of coffee while he explained how to locally dig records. I politely declined and said my friends are waiting for me at another shop. At this point he grabs my arm and says ok lets get them as well. Meanwhile, my mate and our host were up the road at some bad excuse for a recordshop flipping through overpriced pedestrian crap. My mate still had a few more bins to see cause there was some "ok stuff". Fuz now needed to get on with his day and back to work, he again insisted we all leave and get a coffee. It was now my task to get them out of the shop and chat with this stranger.

Over coffee Fuz proceeded to mark a map with the charity shops we should check. A meeting was made to view his "out pile" and become acquainted with his mate Lee (LDJB) - welcome to the world of vinyl vultures! I had some of this stuff on dubious comps but
    never seen so much or met anyone actually into Paul Mauriat, James Last or top of the pops LP's... Fast forward to ARC 2011 and you may recognize me as "slim piles" in desperate need of Anna Black LP's (no longer). Through recent lurking I'm a bit chuffed to see some of my out pile posted in relation to Fuz' legendary ARC trip. Knowing a record that I thought was cool but not my bag is now being appreciated by others is a cool thing!

Having the pleasure of attending one night of Eclectic Mud and meeting thee infamous boneyvotel(cheers for the gift, dude!)! - I was very curious to see what this was all about. Hopefully soon I'll figure out posting, adding photos, etc...

~PacificVibrations
    David great to have you on board Sir!!!

People - sort this man out with 60's brit girl groups / singers 45's it's where his heart is...

Hope your scooping up some winners on your latest trip, we'll talk soon.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Hi David - welcome along and see you next week hopefully.

Shaun - superb - you have him down to a tee.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Welcome a long PacificVibrations, I'm sure you'll get along fine with the people on the board, hope you enjoy your stay here.

I notice your from the States, I take you post on Waxi?

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied

It is an ancient Blokecalledfuz,
    And he stoppeth one of three.
    `By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
    Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

The Backbeat's doors are opened wide,
    And I am next of kin;
    The guests are met, the records set:
    Mayst hear the merry din.'

He holds him with his skinny hand,
    "There was a chazza," quoth he.
    `Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!'
    Eftsoons his hand dropped he.

He holds him with his glittering eye -
    Pacificvibration stood still,
    And listens like a three years' child:
    The Fuzzster hath his will.

Pacificvibration sat on a stone:
    He cannot choose but hear;
    And thus spake on that ancient man,
    The bright-eyed Blokecalledfuz....

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Welcome, PacificVibrations. Any friend of Fuz's is a friend of the plussers, especially one who starred in one of our best ever threads.

Fuz's out pile is stuff of legend. Through a very generous gift of private press silliness and very generous pricing of other private press silliness, part of it has migrated South and is living happily in West Yorkshire.

Leave a comment:

• PacificVibrations
    replied
    A buzz with the fuz brought me here...

Over coffee Fuz proceeded to mark a map with the charity shops we should check. A meeting was made to view his "out pile" and become acquainted with his mate Lee (LDJB) - welcome to the world of vinyl vultures! I had some of this stuff on dubious comps but
    never seen so much or met anyone actually into Paul Mauriat, James Last or top of the pops LP's... Fast forward to ARC 2011 and you may recognize me as "slim piles" in desperate need of Anna Black LP's (no longer). Through recent lurking I'm a bit chuffed to see some of my out pile posted in relation to Fuz' legendary ARC trip. Knowing a record that I thought was cool but not my bag is now being appreciated by others is a cool thing!

Having the pleasure of attending one night of Eclectic Mud and meeting thee infamous boneyvotel(cheers for the gift, dude!)! - I was very curious to see what this was all about. Hopefully soon I'll figure out posting, adding photos, etc...

~PacificVibrations

Leave a comment:

• wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
    Would love a copy of that myself. Seems to be super obscure though. I think Jens (Wickerman) had one though he may have passed it on by now.
    believe it or not i still have it!

Leave a comment:

• peter sundae
    replied
    Originally posted by medlar View Post
    Hmmmm
    For once it's not me pretending to be someone else...Hmmm indeed !

Watford is turning into the 'go to' vg plus massive place to be which means i'll be moving soon

Oh and seeing as you enjoy this kind of thing Chris ....the shop Tony is referring to is called Second scene, a record shop based in watford. Thank you and good night.

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by Manicminer View Post
    Watford's finest second hand record emporium
    Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Manicminer
    replied
    I am based in Watford, Herts. I do most of my searching for vinyl in London and in Watford's finest second hand record emporium, which is just around the corner from where I live. How's that for utopian living!

I will let you know how I get on in my search for that elusive Okin 45. Glad there are others out there on the same quest.

Leave a comment:

• Tsundoku
    replied
    Originally posted by Manicminer View Post
    My current holy grail is to find a copy of "I can't face the Animals" by Roger Earl Okin.

Manicminer
    Would love a copy of that myself. Seems to be super obscure though. I think Jens (Wickerman) had one though he may have passed it on by now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X