• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peretti
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    Welcome Boursin
    It's good to have another member named after cheese. I think Galtee Mountain Casual is the only other one.
    I like my boursin in a salad with freshly picked baby kidney beans, plenty of olive oil and maybe a dash of lemon.
    We did have a Cheese here but I think he went off, as cheeses do.

Leave a comment:

• Abominog
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    I like my boursin in a salad with freshly picked baby kidney beans, plenty of olive oil and maybe a dash of lemon.
    Mmmm. Sounds lovely. Now I'm hungry.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Welcome Boursin
    It's good to have another member named after cheese. I think Galtee Mountain Casual is the only other one.

Leave a comment:

• Boursin
    replied
    Hello,

Well, not much to tell about me, really. I'm one of the few Finns here, living in Helsinki, and I have been digging for two thirds of my life, since 1987 (when I was only 12). I used to be a pretty straight fan of '50s rock 'n' roll and '60s beat and soul, but recently I seem to have mellowed and started to consume increasingly large amounts of the Now Sound / library / Instro-Hipsters kind of stuff.

I guess it's the onset of middle age that has made me warm to the Arthur Greenslades and Cyril Stapletons of this world, but much more broadly speaking I have in fact expanded my interests over the past decade to cover just about anything post-war and pre-1973 or so. Being a lifelong Anglophile has also helped.

I'm not a vinyl purist, will often settle for a digital format if it's the easiest route (and also due to lack of space, and I'm too lazy to work enough to afford a bigger flat).

I've been hitting this forum since VV days when googling various things, but somehow I never got around to signing up until last July, and it has taken me another nine months to gather the courage to post anything. You do seem like a friendly bunch of people, I'm just terribly shy.
    Last edited by Boursin; 30-03-2011, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bud Peyote
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Morten View Post
    I'm not sure who's on VG+ that I know but you came recommended by a friend whose opinion I trust so I can blame him later if needs be!
    Happy holidays all.

Andy
    Hi Andy welcome aboard. We're friends on facebook and been in contact regarding the band. This place is awesome.

- Sebastian

Leave a comment:

• Aggie
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Yep, I know Hugh alright. It were 'im what sent me.
    Still finding my way around but so far so good.
    Hi Andy,

I do remember you from the old Shindig yahoo group days. Welcome to VG+, I'm sure you will like this place. You have possibly already noticed Crawdaddy Simon is also here

Btw Shindig's an ace mag.

Aggie in Athens

Leave a comment:

• HarryPalmer
    replied
    Soundcloud and or mixcloud are also great places to upload your mixes and network with others!

www.soundcloud.com

www.mixcloud.com

Leave a comment:

• picko-d-
    replied
    Originally posted by flhip flhop View Post
    My computer skillz are not the best but hopefully i can chip in here and there with recent finds and an occasional mix or two, if i can work out how to upload them (any tips welcome!).
    Hi,

Welcome aboard , have you tried setting up a podcast for your mixes ?

www.podomatic.com is a place that I use , thats free and you can load up a few mixes at once and gives you decentish monthly bandwith , if you want greater capacity then you can upgrade to Pro for $99 a year

there are other podcast sites that I m sure others will recommend

Cheers,
    David

Leave a comment:

• flhip flhop
    replied
    Hello,
    i have been lurking on this site for a while, and (spurred on by briefly meeting John at wanted records a while back) have decided to make an early
    new years resolution to start posting!

I am an occasional DJ, frequenter of charity shops and anywhere that sells records, vinyl addict and bad speller.

Ive been buying records since i was a teenager (now 32) but over last last few years my job has involved quite a bit of travel which has given me no option but to increase the habit.
    Im into most music discussed on the board, especially library, funk, soul, easy, soundtracks e.t.c.
    My computer skillz are not the best but hopefully i can chip in here and there with recent finds and an occasional mix or two, if i can work out how to upload them (any tips welcome!).

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Thought as much!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Morten
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Welcome along Andy mate, with tastes like that I'm sure you'll fit right in.

You'll surely know Hugh (jakartajive) then?
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Still finding my way around but so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Hello. My name's Andy Morten. I'm 41 and I live in Somerset with my wife and 5 year-old son (wow, this does actually feel like my first AA meeting after all!).
    I collect and study and devour music, although not exclusively on vinyl and certainly not just rare or hip stuff. From "treat" 45s to scabby d*wnloads – it's all grist to the mill.
    My main bag is 60s UK psych and pop but I veer off into international psych and pop, beat, instro, country-rock, folk-rock, bubblegum, soundtracks and bits of prog at the drop of a hat.
    I'm always up for swopping tips and sharing finds but haven't been on a forum/group like this since the days of the Shindig! Yahoo group (hoorah!) and things like Regal Zonophone (no murderous nazi bitches on here I hope!).
    I'm an editor (read: organiser) of Shindig! magazine, design CD packaging for labels like Rev-Ola, Wooden Hill, Grapefruit and Charly and write the odd liner note. Anything to avoid a proper job basically.
    I'm not sure who's on VG+ that I know but you came recommended by a friend whose opinion I trust so I can blame him later if needs be!
    Happy holidays all.

Andy
    Welcome along Andy mate, with tastes like that I'm sure you'll fit right in.

You'll surely know Hugh (jakartajive) then?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Morten
    replied
    Hello. My name's Andy Morten. I'm 41 and I live in Somerset with my wife and 5 year-old son (wow, this does actually feel like my first AA meeting after all!).
    I collect and study and devour music, although not exclusively on vinyl and certainly not just rare or hip stuff. From "treat" 45s to scabby d*wnloads – it's all grist to the mill.
    My main bag is 60s UK psych and pop but I veer off into international psych and pop, beat, instro, country-rock, folk-rock, bubblegum, soundtracks and bits of prog at the drop of a hat.
    I'm always up for swopping tips and sharing finds but haven't been on a forum/group like this since the days of the Shindig! Yahoo group (hoorah!) and things like Regal Zonophone (no murderous nazi bitches on here I hope!).
    I'm an editor (read: organiser) of Shindig! magazine, design CD packaging for labels like Rev-Ola, Wooden Hill, Grapefruit and Charly and write the odd liner note. Anything to avoid a proper job basically.
    Happy holidays all.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Originally posted by Punker View Post
    Hi, I am new here, but not so new in age, I am an old and faded Punk Rocker, who is looking for ideas on how to enjoy my collecting more. I have thousands of LPs and also thousands of singles as well, so any tips and ideas would help ! Thanks !
    Glue and bad speed?

Leave a comment:

• Punker
    replied
    Hi, I am new here, but not so new in age, I am an old and faded Punk Rocker, who is looking for ideas on how to enjoy my collecting more. I have thousands of LPs and also thousands of singles as well, so any tips and ideas would help ! Thanks !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X