Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay this is me doing some goofy tongue sticking out thing and I've included some records in the picture too.

Comment

That's excellent! I don't know what I expected Rich, but I didn't expect you to look like that.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 24 2004,13:12)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 23 2004,19:57)]
        not everyone knows this, but that picture of serms was actually taken on location of his new wildlife series "serms on safari". here we can see serms trying to photograph a rare 3-legged giraffe.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 24 2004,15:27)]That's excellent! I don't know what I expected Rich, but I didn't expect you to look like that.  
          I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 23 2004,16:27)]That's excellent! I don't know what I expected Rich, but I didn't expect you to look like that.  
            This is why no picture will be forthcoming from me - I'd rather you all stick with your visions of the handsome, urbane George Clooney type typing away in here than face the awful truth. Besides, I've got hair, and you've only got to look at what happened when Sermad turned out to have hair...yep, it was 'lego-head' taunts from that day on from the monkishly shriven funk brothers. Combine that with having seen daylight recently and NO WAY am I coming out...
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

No photo im afraid

Names Tim 32 today post infrequently as have a poor grasp of the written language, I run a direct marketing company with a friend hail form Essex live in London

Like golden era hip hop which got me in to funk jazz soul always had a liking for rocky folky psychey stuff

Nice place to pop into sorry I donÂ’t contribute more

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 23 2004,19:57)]
                I thought you said you didn't do divorce cases, Serms? And that fake rats tail you got going on ain't gonna fool the lady and her toyboy big chillin'....
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ June 24 2004,16:12)]Well fret no more, I am here:

http://www.inyourarea.150m.com/photos.html
                  And, yes readers, our Hayd really does have two women glued to his ears at all times.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ June 24 2004,15:43)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 24 2004,15:27)]That's excellent! I don't know what I expected Rich, but I didn't expect you to look like that.  
                    I feel your pain.      
                    As one VV beard meets the razor, another takes its place. Andy will be relieved.

Comment

I was actually looking through my old photos and I found Ed The E-Man, Teddy Rosso, The Hero's at the Deep Funk gig a couple of years back. I'm sure I've got some brillo'ers somewhere too.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Do I have to do one of these little biog things too ?
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ June 24 2004,16:47)]Do I have to do one of these little biog things too ?
                          Yes. You&#39;re a founder of this board so show the rest of us how it&#39;s done. You git.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Belson @ June 24 2004,12:37)]

Left to right, Cheeba and I.

Doin&#39; the back hand slide.

To Richards People &#39;Yo-yo&#39; on Cheebas deck, Al White &amp; the Niteliters &#39;Noise with the boys&#39; on mine.
                            &#39;eh up greg, has tha chuffed?&#39;
                            http://www.blaxploitation.com
                            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

OK, just for Rich then...  

My name is Sie, Simon to my mother and I am, unsurprisingly, 33 years old. I live in Darlington, alongside fellow Vultures Chris and Towny.

As a wee nipper, I grew up listening to my mum&#39;s Motown records and the Northern compilation tapes her brother used to make for her (to this day, those 45&#39;s remain locked in my uncle&#39;s attic - he will not let me anywhere near them&#33

The first music I bought was 2-Tone, Madness, Specials etc. In the &#39;youth club&#39; years I was mad for electro records (esp. Tommy Boy and Streetsound), Kraftwerk and electro pop like Depeche Mode etc. A typical Saturday morning in 1984 involved blowing all of your paper-round money on a import 12&quot; in Selectadisc and getting into Rock City to listen to DJ Master Scratch.

By the time I got to 16 I was overdosing on Def Jam, Urban Records and The House Sounds Of Chicago. It was 1987 and Graeme Park was spinning eclectic sets at The Garage in Nottingham that combined everything from Chicago House to Rare Groove and Hip Hop. And I loved every minute of it.

During the years at university I didn&#39;t buy many records, but those I did buy were mostly techno/ambient (Orb, Orbital, FSOL) and I loved (and still do enjoy) Warp Records. It was around 1991 that I met Chris... The early 90&#39;s was Mo Wax, Ninja Tune and that (dare I say it) &#39;trip hop&#39; thing...

The &quot;Vinyl Vulture&quot; things started as a series of compilation tapes and CD&#39;s I used to circulate around my mates in the mid 90&#39;s. I&#39;d always been interested in funk and soul records and bought bits when I could afford them, then I started buying easy, librarys, breaks etc in the mid 90&#39;s (hooking up with the likes of Mysterious Dr F) and my library collection really took off after visiting Chris in Dublin in &#39;98...

When Chris moved back to the UK we started hooking up on a weekend and go diggin&#39; for records - we used to come back with two, three heaving bags each diggin&#39; expedition, splitting upwards of over 40 LP&#39;s between us for just one morning&#39;s work.

Around 1999/2000 Chris and I were asked to write a couple of articles for a website run by a friend of mine (to paraphrase Spinal Tap &quot;don&#39;t look for it, it&#39;s not there anymore...), I did an article on libraries, Chris wrote an article on Krautrock (hence &quot;The Baron&quot and we were in cyberspace and dead chuffed.

But the website didn&#39;t move as quick as our enthusiasm, so we sat down and started &quot;Baggin Up&quot; on Geocities in January 2001. The first person to contact us was LDJB about two months later...

... can I say that the rest is history.

Every single one of the Vultures I&#39;ve met through the board has shared that same open attitude to diggin&#39; that inspired Chris and I to start the website... Don&#39;t ask me to keep records because I can&#39;t. I&#39;ve never subscribed to the &quot;cover up&quot; mentality. Even when I try to keep a record secret, I can&#39;t (ask Rich, I&#39;m rubbish at it&#33. Each meet-up has been a memorable occasion, full of funny stories, records, DJing, trades, farting gags and intoxicants. You all know I&#39;m rubbish when I&#39;ve had a drink or two&#33;

Sorry no pictures... I&#39;m sure Rich will have his digi camera with him this weekend&#33;

I must end by thanking all those who have help support the website over the years, especially Sermad, Ed The E Man and Andy Stephens (wherever you are).

Cheers&#33;
                              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                                Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ June 24 2004,16:47)]Do I have to do one of these little biog things too ?
                                And a photo. No slacking. If I&#39;m revealing my ugly mug then we all have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X