X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolyon
    replied
    Hello -- very long time lurker. Not sure why I've not got stuck in before but anyway ...long time collector and occasional DJ with a sickness for buying records that every time I think I've got beaten pulls me in again. 😀

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Like the mix Gary, thanks for that. The photo had me hurtling back to the days of my misspent youth. Hope to tap into your knowledge on Swedish prog & psych sounds. Plenty of places on here you can bang up some favourites to make our ears go bendy. Any probs with uploading etc, shout, people will help.
    Welcome aboard sir.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by nosuchhounds View Post
    Anyway, nice to meet you all!
    Nice to meet you too! Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Sounds like your'e in the right place, welcome nosuch. Would love to hear some of your soundtrack work too.

Leave a comment:

• nosuchhounds
    replied
    Im Gary, Ive only just discovered this forum, mainly through the mention by Andy Votel on the Boiler Room video. I currently work in a job i dislike massively but it pays well. Ex lighting/sound engineer and wrote a couple of pieces of music for films (my wife works in independent film). Ive been into music obsessively since very young and a collector for nearly as long.

I have a varied taste, as I am sure many of you have, including Alternative US rock, drone/ambient, country, American Primitive, Prog, Psych and Soundtracks. Currently in the deep depths of Swedish Prog & Psych thanks for WFMU Avant Ghetto & Al English NTS Swedish Prog mix (http://www.nts.live/shows/guests/epi...september-2016)

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    They are one of those bands I've always seen mentioned as a huge influence especially on the Indie scene since the early 90's but I've never actually sat down and listened to one of their albums for my sins. I've heard tracks but they've probably all come at the wrong time in my life. For a band with such a small discography I really should get hold of their first at least.

Yep I love Road to Ruin I should have bought that on record years ago but I'm an idiot. Had a friend who was a huge John Martyn fan and folk was not my bag at all at the time. I enjoyed 'Solid Air' and various tracks he would play but it was 'Road to Ruin' that did it for me which I heard at the same time as 'Stormbringer' but don't ask me in which order!

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot to contribute Eamonn. I was brought up on Hammer Horror and who knows you might even turn me on to 'Big Star' who I've never managed to 'get' as it were.
    Big Star are fantastic. I think you have to forget all that nonsense about the 3rd album being the best and head straight for the first two.
    '#1 Record' has been a constant presence in my life for the last 28 years since I picked it up in a local bookshop which had a short lived experiment at selling a few records . I also got 'The Road To Ruin' at the same time, which I know you like.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Sounds like you have a lot to contribute Eamonn. I was brought up on Hammer Horror and who knows you might even turn me on to 'Big Star' who I've never managed to 'get' as it were.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Welcome Eamonn. With you on the West Coast stuff. Please do get involved, you know what it's like on here, it's only as good as the input.

Leave a comment:

• Aimo
    replied
    Hi, my name is Eamonn - been lurking here for a few years - must admit, a lot of the discussions are on music/collecting I know very little about compared to some on here, but I'm a vinyl fan, just got into jazz in the last few years, and I'm a big into West Coast 60's Psych/Folk/Sunshine Pop, a bit of (Northern)Soul, some 80's indie and 90's Warp type stuff - also throw in a smattering of astronomy, Trunk Records, Hammer Horror, Big Star etc.

Thanks for having me.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Head first Graeme. Welcome overboard, we're swimming in the stuff here. Give us some clues, post something up.

Leave a comment:

• v66ald
    replied
    Hello all.
    Been enthusiastically lurking for a while but the time has come to raise my head above the parapet and start waving some plastic.
    My name is Graeme, i live in Manchester and I get excited by all kinds of music.
    Most I've ever spent on a record is three figures on Steely Dan which takes a bit of doing!
    Right then.... see you on the forums...

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by Whisky Stephen View Post
    Hiya, yeah those mixes are me/mine. Terrible mixing, sorry, but i think some of the songs are good. Waiting on some records arriving this week and will get a couple of new mixes made.

Someblokecalledfuz, do you come to the Fence things in Anstruther? The next one is Halloween. The pictures in that book are quite old now, that was when i lived in Edinburgh and had a bit more hair and a bit less belly.
    Hi Stephen... Apologies for not getting back to you on this earlier. I haven't been up to one of the doo's in some time now... My connection to those lads goes back quite some time. I lived with some of the members of the Khartoum Heroes so know Kenny, Pete, Vic, James, Ian, Stu, UNPOC and a few others... Still keep in touch with some of them, but time, distance and family don't let me get up the East Neuk as often as I'd wish these days. I recently inherited a large collection of fence CD's recently so have been getting back into that music again... Happy daze.

I got that book for Xmas and was fascinated to see someone from Edinburgh in it... And was surprised our paths hadn't crossed at some point... Maybe they have. It seems they will in October now... Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    "A bit more hair and a bit less belly" that's on my Christmas list

Leave a comment:

• Whisky Stephen
    replied
    Hiya, yeah those mixes are me/mine. Terrible mixing, sorry, but i think some of the songs are good. Waiting on some records arriving this week and will get a couple of new mixes made.

Someblokecalledfuz, do you come to the Fence things in Anstruther? The next one is Halloween. The pictures in that book are quite old now, that was when i lived in Edinburgh and had a bit more hair and a bit less belly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X