X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    thanks for the warm welcome! hope to enjoy the company here for a while or two ;-)

Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Welcome turbo you'll find all kinds of interesting folk here happy to help and interested in what you find.

I disagree though. Never judge a record by its cover but I kind of know what you mean you do get an eye for interesting records, unless its a miss print!

Jealous too lots of fine records find their way or originate in your country.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Welcome turbo you'll find all kinds of interesting folk here happy to help and interested in what you find.

I disagree though. Never judge a record by its cover but I kind of know what you mean you do get an eye for interesting records, unless its a miss print!

Jealous too lots of fine records find their way or originate in your country.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Hi,

I live in Osaka, Japan. I love all kinds of music and am a very sick crate digger. Most Saturday mornings I'm up at 6 a.m. to get the early bargains at my local flea market ... always looking for cheap bargains and trying to avoid expensive collectors shops.

My 3 rules of record buying (which I'm not very good at sticking to) are:
    1. Don't buy a record that you already know.
    2. Do judge a record by its cover.
    3. Don't pay more than 500 Yen for an LP.

That's about it. Am looking forward to contributing and chewing the fat.

Turboellis

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by XenMaster View Post

(and on HBS music archeology on youtube, which I'm completely addicted to)
    Hello Mike. Love this. Mr Sayers hipped me to this when he mentioned it on here a while back.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Welcome Mike

Leave a comment:

• XenMaster
    replied
    Hi people,

I'm Mike, 47, from London but been living in the Midlands for 10 years now....

I always loved music, bought lots of records, but never really thought of myself as a collector....

Unfortunately about 3 years ago I fell in with a dodgy crowd of record collectors and dealers who take over the back room of the George IV pub in Lichfield once a month to play records for eachother, one thing has lead to another and now I'm spending a lot of time and money on the wax once more....

Here's a link to my Mixcloud, which I've been using to archive the stuff played at the George IV vinyl nights (though I have something of a backlog atm!)....should give you some idea of the kinds of stuff we play.... https://www.mixcloud.com/mikeclampitt56/

My tastes are varied, but seem to mesh pretty well with the kind of stuff discussed here (and on HBS music archeology on youtube, which I'm completely addicted to) .....and I'm totally into digging charity shops, bootsales and bargain bins (most I've ever paid for a record was £30 for something I'd been after for 15 years, and that was before discogs so really couldn't pass it by!)

I guess that's the basics

Leave a comment:

• Paul-K
    replied
    Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    Welcome aboard. Never say never, this place has a habit of throwing up music you wouldn't have considered listening to, and making your wallet a bit lighter in the process. Have fun, feet first is my advice
    have to agree with this, came in a metal head that grew up on Hip hop, im now an acid folk loving prog buyer

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Welcome aboard. Never say never, this place has a habit of throwing up music you wouldn't have considered listening to, and making your wallet a bit lighter in the process. Have fun, feet first is my advice

Leave a comment:

• djoneofakind
    replied
    Hi all

Real name Andre based in Guernsey. Still DJing and promoting part time...One time Hip Hop nut (still dipping), much more likely to be on the hunt for disgusting funk. I also like heavy soul, some rnb, some latin, afro etc. Definitely NOT modern, disco or Northern for me - sorrryyyy!
    Anyway...hellloooo!

Leave a comment:

• Ant
    replied
    Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    Welcome aboard btw Ant.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    We fling Leo Sayer lps at any late night crate diggers lurking in the grounds. They tend to scuttle toward the offending article (they can't help themselves you see), but once they realise what it is they're off, arms waving in the air. Most entertaining.
    Welcome aboard btw Ant.

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Originally posted by Ant View Post
    Not quite there yet but my late grandfather kept his is the downstairs toilet & called it deterrent - using it, (he claimed successfully) to mark his territory in the garden.
    RESPECT

Leave a comment:

• Ant
    replied
    Thanks all for the welcome.

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
    ...another Shoreditch refugee huh?...it must be hell down there....
    E8 but otherwise yes, & expensive nowadays too.
    Currently in the process of trying to break out. Got to keep believing it can happen. Without faith, nothing is possible...

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    If you're really keen on levering your way on to a hoarder programme try collecting your urine in bottles. It's free and it never fails to impress.
    Originally posted by eine View Post
    I love my urine collection.
    Not quite there yet but my late grandfather kept his is the downstairs toilet & called it deterrent - using it, (he claimed successfully) to mark his territory in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    I love my urine collection.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ant View Post
    Anthony - London
    Like records, buy records (& other stuff), currently accumulating it all in disorganised piles until I finally manage to land that staring role in The Hoarder Next Door.
    If you're really keen on levering your way on to a hoarder programme try collecting your urine in bottles. It's free and it never fails to impress.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X