Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klute

Klute is on BBC One 12:35 am.

Well worth setting the vcr for! Really tight thriller with the uber babe Jane Fonda and mr moody Donald Sutherland. Some brill fuzzed out club music in there too.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 22 2004,23:08)]uber babe Jane Fonda
    you ain&#39;t wrong there .. oompff, talk about hot sauce

Comment

&quot;GODDAM HYPOCRITE SQUARES&quot;
      kraut rock ist nicht tot!
      http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
      http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Jane Fonda is great in this film.

On a VV note, I&#39;ve been told Francis Grosso briefly appears in this. Is this true?
        records - one a week mixcloud
        records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

yes. there&#39;s a club scene that was shot in The Sanctuary. Francis briefly appears in the background in a kind of pulpit.

it&#39;s the scene with the nutty psych/fuzz/wah club cut form the LP, very tasty - there&#39;s a clip on the web somewhere.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Francis appears at about 43 minutes. Blink and you miss it. The extras for these scenes were all hookers. Francis told us he had a lot of fun working on that movie.

PS It&#39;s Grasso, not Grosso.
            http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Great film, great soundtrack, i wonder how many votes it gets in that BBC poll thing they are doing, not many i would guess.

Those club scenes are very cool, any more 60/70&#39;s films with great club scenes? This got me thinking on doing a VJ style mixtape thing looping up the video and syncing it to my music.
              working together for better bass and treble

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (cell @ June 23 2004,14:38)]Great film, great soundtrack, i wonder how many votes it gets in that BBC poll thing they are doing, not many i would guess.  

Those club scenes are very cool, any more 60/70&#39;s films with great club scenes?  This got me thinking on doing a VJ style mixtape thing looping up the video and syncing it to my music.
                The other good club scene that springs to mind is Coogan&#39;s Bluff (the template for the TV series McCloud) starring Clint Eastwood. He goes into a club, the Pigeon Toed Orange Peel, to look for a suspect and gets drugged with something akin to LSD and it all goes, like, really groovy, man.

The club it was filmed in was the Electric Circus, a popular early disco on St. Mark&#39;s Place, that was a homeless refuge when I lived down St. Mark&#39;s Place, but has now been redeveloped into something shit.This venue was also where the Velvets did those Exploding Plastic Inevitable shows (the bottom of the club was called the Dome and I think they performed there). When the Dome closed, Danny Krivit bought the sound system off them. He set it up in his flat&#33;
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Blow has the great club scene with the yardbirds. Just lie back and soak up the imagery in that film&#33; Totally impossible to follow.

What else. &#39;Puppet on chain&#39; as a brill club scene with topless male dancers with leather waistcoats. Grooooovy music too.

Comment

There&#39;s a late 60s Norman Wisdom film called &quot;What&#39;s Good For the Goose&quot;, about a timid bank clerk who has a groovy, consciousness-expanding weekend in Brighton. It includes nightclub scenes featuring the Pretty Things....

Anyone seen it? (I haven&#39;t, but I really, really want to).
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

&#39;Medium Cool&#39; which was on BBC2 the other week has a great psychedelic happening scene with The Litter playing (though, bizarrely, overdubbed by the Mothers of Invention)...

others off the top of my head:

Midnight Cowboy
                      Riot on Sunset Strip
                      Psych-out
                      Petulia
                      Scream and Scream Again (Amen Corner?)
                      Haunted House of Horror (AND Richard O&#39;Sullivan&#33
                      The Sorcerers

and of course the daddy must be &#39;Beyond the Valley of the Dolls&#39;

loads more I&#39;m sure...
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

The Monkees &#39;Head&#39; has some great frugging going on.

I thought the street party / club scenes in &#39;City of God&#39; were ace too.

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]There&#39;s a late 60s Norman Wisdom film called &quot;What&#39;s Good For the Goose&quot;, about a timid bank clerk who has a groovy, consciousness-expanding weekend in Brighton. It includes nightclub scenes featuring the Pretty Things....

Anyone seen it? (I haven&#39;t, but I really, really want to).
                        I&#39;ve seen it - it was ages ago when I was a student and was almost certainly skiving as I recall it being on mid-afternoon. Really enjoyed apart from when he goes off with his missus at the end - square&#33;
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ June 23 2004,15:35)]Haunted House of Horror (AND Richard O&#39;Sullivan&#33
                          The Sorcerers
                          These 2 are particularly excellent&#33;

Also like bits in The President&#39;s Analyst (groooovy beat), Horror Hospital (deWolfe goth-rock), Deadly Bees (The Birds mod R&amp;B), Helicopter Spies (EveryMothersSon doing &#39;Come On Down To My Boat&#39, Ghost Goes Gear is equally fantastic/dire too (SDG/StLouisUnion/Chris Kerry/M6 etc)....also remember an amazing French flick Four Times In One Night or something...? - the ultimate kinkiest hipster club scenes ever&#33;
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Anyone got these films as divx/dvd? I would be well up for trading some.

Comment

The President&#39;s Analyst (groooovy beat)
                              Ahh you beat me to it, I was talking to Nick about this the other day....

p.s. I love the &#39;Pudlians&#39; the grooovey 60&#39;s beat combo/canadian spies&#33;
                              Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Working...
                              X