Big jullien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big jullien

New to the group and have just spent the last few days reading through old posts.

Picked up an LP at the weekend for a stupidly small amount - Big Jullien and His All Star - does anyone have any info about Big Jullien? I have searched the net and had little success so far.

Cheers

Well there's a copy of the album for sale @ Intoxica for £125.

Comment

That's about all I could find on it, and a couple of other mentions in lists, but no solid info. Seeing as it only cost me a specualtive 50p in Oxfam I was obviously just a little bit interested to see it listed at £125.

Comment

There's some great tracks on that album - the one on Major Minor? Think this came out in France on Riviera and Major Minor licensed it - half the tracks are written by Michel Colombier. I'm sure Lord Thames will be along in a moment with the full story...

Nice find for 50p!
        There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

isn't planman who called him the french peter herbolzheimer....

also look out for his 45 remember otis // oscar for eddy

will post some pic's as soon as I'am home.

Comment

I've got it and it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ June 24 2004,12:23)]There's some great tracks on that album - the one on Major Minor? Think this came out in France on Riviera and Major Minor licensed it - half the tracks are written by Michel Colombier.  I'm sure Lord Thames will be along in a moment with the full story...

Nice find for 50p!
              Actually, I've not heard of this one - but I was wondering if it Big Julien might be Ivan Julien, who did that ace Porgy and Bess set I mentioned on here a while back?

There's a Major Minor/Riviera LP by Slide Hampton which has some nice easy/French things on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 24 2004,14:09)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ June 24 2004,12:23)]There's some great tracks on that album - the one on Major Minor? Think this came out in France on Riviera and Major Minor licensed it - half the tracks are written by Michel Colombier.  I'm sure Lord Thames will be along in a moment with the full story...

Nice find for 50p!
                Actually, I've not heard of this one - but I was wondering if it Big Julien might be Ivan Julien, who did that ace Porgy and Bess set I mentioned on here a while back?

There's a Major Minor/Riviera LP by Slide Hampton which has some nice easy/French things on it too.
                Yes true, Big Jullien is Ivan Jullien (aka the french Herbolzheimer)
                The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
                Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

Also worth checking out is Ivan Jullien's brilliant arrangements/compostions/playing on Synthesis's 1976 LP (top French fusion group featuring the likes of Andre Ceccarelli and Phillipe Briche).

Also, he did a nice funky track called 'Rocky's Chair' on the 1972 KPM LP 'Life is for Living'. Hope this helps!
                  A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Working...
                  X