New Star Trek movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    I particularly dislike time travel plots. Although they always allude to the inevitable logical paradoxes, they depend on very definite causal logic, along the lines of "if I stop this speeding train, then Hitler will never sleep with my mother" or some such.

See: the Terminator franchise, Series 2 of Heroes (which extends the irritation to the ability to stop time), the Back To The Future franchise.
    two things Oddman!

Number one - don't diss the Back to the Future films. every one of them is an absolute classic. Especially the skateboarding pastiche that always rears it's pleasant head. 'Hello, Mcfly??!!'

and B - your mum slept with Hitler!
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
      Number one - don't diss the Back to the Future films. every one of them is an absolute classic. Especially the skateboarding pastiche that always rears it's pleasant head. 'Hello, Mcfly??!!'
      Oh no, I'm bloody disappearing from a polaroid. Yipes!

and B - your mum slept with Hitler!
      Thankfully, I stopped that train.
      Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

I enjoyed Star Trek - it's much less pompous than the previous films and if you've watched Fringe or Alias then there are a few references between the three. It's not a fantastic film but for an action film I'd rate it pretty high. Worth seeing even if you don't like Star Trek. No Shatner though.
        Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Logic View Post
          Worth seeing even if you don't like Star Trek.
          That should have been the tag-line on the posters.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            ...that Tom Hanks vs The Vatican nonsense...
            ...Nero and his crew seethe with rage and plot their revenge...
            While I'm at it, as well as time travel, I'll include disproportionate revenge as a motivator.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post

Has anyone seen Synedoche, New York?
              No, but I recently caught up with Adaptation and thought it was one of the best post-modern self-referential films I've seen. Meryl Streep is bloody brilliant and the whole thing just spirals out of control in a very satisfying way.

So I'm looking forward to it,almost as much as Crank II.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

You should go and see Tom Hanks using approximately 12% of his acting ability in that Dan Brown mouth-breather. Take a copy of Paradise Lost, as championed recently by Armando Iannucci, and do a reading in the cinema for the length of the film. You might even be able to get the projectionist to turn the sound down a bit.
                "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Crank II in which Jason Statham gets a heart transplant and has his bollocks electrocuted. It will be great.
                  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought Crank was one of the best/stupidest/funniest movies of the 21st Century
                  It's the sine qua non of the modern exploitation film
                  (He sits back with a smug grin on his face after having used the phrase sine qua non - God I'm pretentious)

Originally posted by awesomewelles View Post
                  You should go and see Tom Hanks using approximately 12% of his acting ability in that Dan Brown mouth-breather. Take a copy of Paradise Lost, as championed recently by Armando Iannucci, and do a reading in the cinema for the length of the film. You might even be able to get the projectionist to turn the sound down a bit.
                  I'd rather stay at home and read Paradise Lost
                  If people keep going to these films it will only encourage them to make more of this utter rubbish
                  Ignore Dan Brown and eventually he will go away
                  "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expury70 View Post
                    Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought Crank was one of the best/stupidest/funniest movies of the 21st Century
                    It's the sine qua non of the modern exploitation film
                    (He sits back with a smug grin on his face after having used the phrase sine qua non - God I'm pretentious)
                    The best bit is where Statham is belting around on a motorbike with his arse hanging out of a hospital gown and a giant erection and for some reason he goes "oh my gawd" in pure Harry H Corbett style.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Tom Hanks vs The Vatican nonsense
                      angels and demons is practically national treasure, relocated to rome, minus nicholas cage and with extra religious pomp

not that i'm recommending it exactly, but it's more entertaining than the reviews suggest it is. plus there's not a great deal of dan brown's shite book to spoil it.
                      ron howard presumably couldn't work it out either and just took the title and location.

Comment

how can you not like back to the future and terminator (yes terminator 3 was a bit shit, but terminator i was bloody ace)
                        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

The best bit is where Statham is belting around on a motorbike with his arse hanging out of a hospital gown and a giant erection and for some reason he goes "oh my gawd" in pure Harry H Corbett style.
                          I like the bit where he can't control himself and has to have sex with his girlfriend in the middle of a crowd - mad and bad at the same time
                          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                            Why not ask Ginster's Kitchen? he's an auteur you know.
                            Oi, you're the one leaving little love notes on my blog!

I saw 'Night at The Museum 2' on Sunday. Best bit was Amelia Earhart's trousers. Shame Hank Azaria isn't as hilarious as Hank, the director and the editor think he is - yes, we know you're doing Boris Karloff, now can we get on?
                            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                              Oi, you're the one leaving little love notes on my blog!

I saw 'Night at The Museum 2' on Sunday. Best bit was Amelia Earhart's trousers. Shame Hank Azaria isn't as hilarious as Hank, the director and the editor think he is - yes, we know you're doing Boris Karloff, now can we get on?
                              your blog has taken over as my daily read. to be fair, I am hardly inundated with great blogs to read, though I do like the pictures of the shipwrecks on your links.
                              I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

blog?? can i see? or is it secret?
                                instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                                X