No announcement yet.

New Star Trek movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half. Late. Tired. Kettle. Dive! Dive! Dive!
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

We're all gonna die in this ruddy tin kettle.
      http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
      http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
      http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
        What sort of films are your favourite?
        That's easy, my favourites are films with significant amounts of time spent in or around swimming pools: The Swimmer, La Piscine, The Graduate.

After that comes films with nice scenes in swimming pools: that scene in Kids, that scene in Romeo & Juliet.

Even nicely shot water can rescue otherwise turgid films, for example the scene with all the water rushing down the corridors in Titanic. The terrible modern version of The Count of Monte Cristo was saved by a very nice looking rock pool.

I've not seen enough submarine films but I suspect there's some signifcant overlap between these two genres. Someone should write a book.

Please note, I am NOT talking about underwater photography, although I do like that as well.

Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
          It's a bit like that Dostoevsky book where you find out who the killer is right at the beginning, isn't it? These Russian novelists could learn a thing or two from Ms Agatha Christie, I tell you!
          He'd obviously been heavily influenced by that long night round at Gogol's, eating pringles and watching Tolstoy's new "Columbo" 4 DVD box-set.
          209: Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit

Comment

Well I managed to wangle my way out of the Star Trek film and went to see Kate Winslet's Knockers, erm , The Reader instead.
            It's very worthy and a bit dull, but it does have a few swimming pool scenes.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Thank Christ for them - her films would be inordinately dull without them.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                It's very worthy and a bit dull, but it does have a few swimming pool scenes.
                Sounds fantastic. Is the swimming pool really blue? I like it when its really blue.

That reminds me of another one - Three Colours Blue.
                Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                  Sounds fantastic. Is the swimming pool really blue? I like it when its really blue.

It's a German lido, which everyone knows are the best lidos. It's used to symbolise the carefree youth the hero is losing while he's knobbing an older Frau. Not that blue, though. It looked a bit peaty to me.

That French one I've Loeved You So Long with Kristin Scott Thomas has a blue indoor pool and is a pretty good film until the end. I believe it symbolises the amniotic sac that Kristin and her sister shared.

My favourite swimming pool scene is in Boogie Nights. Pretty much all the No Petting, No Bombing rules are broken in that one.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Jane Asher gets knobbed in an empty swimming pool in 'Deep End'. There's a nice indoor pool scene in 'Cat People' but it's in black and white 'cos it's the olden days version. I used to like 'We Are The Champions' when everyone got to jump in the pool in the end when Ron Pickering said 'away you go!'. I also like that scene in 'Caddyshack' when everyone sees a nutty choc bar in the pool and thinks it's excrement and they're all like 'Woah!' & 'WTF' and jump out and stuff. That really happened in a swimming class I attended, but it really was shit. Michael Dann done it.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      I saw 'Night at The Museum 2' on Sunday. Best bit was Amelia Earhart's trousers...
                      just seen it & I couldn't agree more

Comment

Jane Asher gets knobbed in an empty swimming pool in 'Deep End'. There's a nice indoor pool scene in 'Cat People' but it's in black and white 'cos it's the olden days version. I used to like 'We Are The Champions' when everyone got to jump in the pool in the end when Ron Pickering said 'away you go!'. I also like that scene in 'Caddyshack' when everyone sees a nutty choc bar in the pool and thinks it's excrement and they're all like 'Woah!' & 'WTF' and jump out and stuff. That really happened in a swimming class I attended, but it really was shit. Michael Dann done it.
                        The scene in the pool at the end of 'Let the right one in' is wonderful and hilarious, in a savage vampire retribution kind of way......
                        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post

Swimming pool related...

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

honourable mention goes to Showgirls where saved by the bell turns into an epileptic lovemaking dolphin swishing all over twin peaks

... and did someone say they went to see The Reader at the cinema instead of Star trek? why would you do that??

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
                            ... and did someone say they went to see The Reader at the cinema instead of Star trek? why would you do that??
                            I think it was something to do with Kate's Winslets.

Comment

I think it was something to do with Kate's Winslets.
                              When I went I didn't actually realise she was going to fetch them out with such gusto. She spends virtually the first half of the film in the nip. It goes downhill later though, unless prison garb and that strange frosty old age make-up they do turns you on.

Anyway, I chose to see it over Wolverine, Star Trek and Hanna Montana because I was a grown adult attending the cinema without a child in tow.

I can't beleive i asked about going to see StarTrek now,
                              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Saw Sam Raimi's latest, "Drag Me To Hell" over the weekend.
                                Cannot recommend it enough
                                Raimi goes back to his Evil Dead roots and...
                                just go and see it it's awesome
                                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                                X