New Star Trek movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Trek movie

I've been invited to go along to see the new Star Trek movie this evening.
    I'm not a trekkie and don't really like any deep space bollocks much, but I'm prepare to put up with it if it's an Ok movie.

Is it, or shall I make my excuses?

And what should I watch instead? It'll probably be a rental job as the only other stuuf at the local fleapit is that Tom Hanks vs The Vatican nonsense and Hanna Montana, who my son and I both secretly like but in no way can be seen in public doing so.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Originally posted by babycart View Post
    Tom Hanks vs The Vatican nonsense .
    thats actually an ok film
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by eric-adams View Post
      thats actually an ok film
      Eric - love the deadpan delivery
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

The new Star Trek movie is more fun than I expected, fairly camp like the 60's TV show. Not nearly as bad as some of the recent movies. I watched a half hour of Star Trek Nemesis before deciding it was terrible.

Nobody thinks they are a trekkie. I once met a guy at a seminar who was wearing a star trek uniform badge. I asked if he was a trekkie and he said no just a fan. I then said "So you don't have a uniform or anything then." "Oh yeah i have a uniform but I only wear it to film premieres I'm not a real trekkie".
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

how about that coroline film
          that looks ace

and the new terminator is out on the 3rd!
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by eric-adams View Post
            and the new terminator is out on the 3rd!
            Yay! (quickly remembers Terminator 3) erm yay

I'm really looking forward to Crank II in which Jason Statham gets a heart transplant and has his bollocks electrocuted. It will be great.

I really am not a trekkie. I can only name three of them or four if you count Lt uhuru
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Yay! (quickly remembers Terminator 3) erm yay

I'm really looking forward to Crank II in which Jason Statham gets a heart transplant and has his bollocks electrocuted. It will be great.

I really am not a trekkie. I can only name three of them or four if you count Lt uhuru
              Her album is not that interesting.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

There are some damning reviews on IMDB:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/u...ments?start=10
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                  There are some damning reviews on IMDB:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/u...ments?start=10

As I read some of these they make reasonable points. Still I'd say its more fun than staying in and thinking about one of Hugh's parents.

John Peel

Comment

As the story goes, Nero is furious at Spock, and by extension his whole race of Vulcans, because Spock did not get to Romulus' star in time to save it from super nova, which destroyed his planet and all those he loved and cared for. In the process both he and Spock are sucked into a black hole and spit out the other side well in the past, except at different times, Nero 25 years before Spock. In waiting 25 years for Spock to come through the black hole as he had, Nero and his crew seethe with rage and plot their revenge against Spock and his evil race of Vulcans.

I think I'll stay in and clean the oven, actually.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I think I'll stay in and clean the oven, actually.
                      Oo'er missus.

John Peel

Comment

surely it's all about Night at the Museum 2 right now.

Owen Wilson is in it. He's a dish.
                        I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

...sucked into a black hole and spit out the other side well in the past...
                          I particularly dislike time travel plots. Although they always allude to the inevitable logical paradoxes, they depend on very definite causal logic, along the lines of "if I stop this speeding train, then Hitler will never sleep with my mother" or some such.

See: the Terminator franchise, Series 2 of Heroes (which extends the irritation to the ability to stop time), the Back To The Future franchise.
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                            surely it's all about Night at the Museum 2 right now.
                            We went to see Night At The Museum 1. There is something peculiarly engrossing about watching talented comedians conciously trying to be less funny than they normally are.

Has anyone seen Synedoche, New York?
                            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Why not ask Ginster's Kitchen? he's an auteur you know.
                              I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Working...
                              X