• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mort garson

How does it sounds like?
    Is it worth picking up?

Thanks

I saw it a for a fiver (UK) listened to it and put it straight back. Very lush with the strings, and while I'm probably more tolerant than many, of this sort of sound it really didn't grab me. But that's just my opinion.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ June 24 2004,11:06)]How does it sounds like?
      Is it worth picking up?

Thanks
      I'm not sure bt I thnk your referring to his Love sounds of "Z" album.

If so its 20 minutes on each side of atmospheric moody moog with a womans voice building up to orgasm real slowly.

interesting listen but probably ain't gonna fill a dancefloor

Comment

Yeah, if you're talking "Z", then Guzzo's on the money... wierd atmos Moog bleeps and bubbles, with the occasional "sexy" groan...

... kinda depends what floats yer boat, Tee !  
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I think he may actually be referring to the one Rich is talking about - it's a late 60s job on Liberty, very heavy on the lush strings and harpsichord. It's got a close up photo of a hand with a diamond ring on the cover, if that helps.

I certainly wouldn't pay a fiver for it, but I thought it was quite nice. However, if the sound of a big lush string section sends you screaming from the room, avoid.....there ain't no Moogs on this fella!

Comment

I was hoping it was more in the style of Tony Hatch's 'Love sounds'.... Well, I guess I won't buy it then. Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

What's the Tony Hatch like? Never seen that one!

Comment

There's another one called 'Love Sounds' by The Love Strings Of Mort Garson, on Liberty, which is more moody orchestral stuff, very cinematic but also quite stringy (obviously). Was I holding this one for you in a trade awhile back? Anyway, still got it if you're interested...
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Yep, that's the one I was talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 24 2004,13:06)]What's the Tony Hatch like? Never seen that one!
                    I really like 'Love Sounds' by Tony Hatch, lush strings with a funky rhythm section. There are a couple of nice tunes, no funk, but in a more moody library style.

Comment

That's the one I meant too. No funky rhythm section as far as I remember.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ June 24 2004,12:42)]Yeah, if you're talking "Z", then Guzzo's on the money... wierd atmos Moog bleeps and bubbles, with the occasional "sexy" groan...

... kinda depends what floats yer boat, Tee !  
                        This one ?

Comment

That's the bunny !
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                          X