Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
    Remind me again who this is by, Rich?
    Die Anderen, Kannibal Komix, Apocalypse (all one and the same)...

Not sure if that's the post that Bud is referring to but I reckon it's glammy, by dint of the vocals.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

...Although Google tells me it's 1970.

So, for the benefit of LLMOD1, what makes glam glam? For me double-time, glitterbeat, toms, handclaps and Bolan-esque vocals. But it's a pretty hard genre to define, musically, I reckon.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post

So, for the benefit of LLMOD1, what makes glam glam? For me double-time, glitterbeat, toms, handclaps and Bolan-esque vocals. But it's a pretty hard genre to define, musically, I reckon.
        All those things, I think, but it must also have a whiff of bubblegum and a touch of metal. I suppose you could say 'Desdemona' by John's Children was proto-glam, but then that might be cheating.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Na-na-na-na-na vocals.
          Powerchords after a fashion.
          Idiot joy riffs.

Brickies in silver spandex.
          Boxers with glitter on their faces.
          Rugby boys toying with androgyny because they figured it might get them laid more.
          To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Massive shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
              Na-na-na-na-na vocals...
              "Just The Same As You" - The Southern Sound?
              209: Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowffolly View Post
                "Just The Same As You" - The Southern Sound?
                'Land of a 1,000 Dances'?

Comment

You out na-na-ed me!
                  209: Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit

Comment

What makes glam glam?
                    Good question - particularly when I'm looking at obscure "junkshop glam" 45s I often wonder whether it can technically be "glam" until you've seen pictures of the artist. As, essentially, we're talking blues-rock type stuff, at one end, you've got the more straight-forward pop-rock side of things and at the other you've got stuff that comes from the progressive rock side of things or even "pub-rock".

So, musically, Wreckless Eric (see here) or Status Quo or James Hogg's wonderful 'Lovely Lady Rock' might be glam but, due to styling, neither are. I guess the answer would just be Bolanesque vocals but that would exclude lots of the stuff of Velvet Tinmine for example, not to mention a lot of Gary Glitter, The Sweet, Roxy Music, Slade and plenty of others who are often talked about in terms of glam.

Obviously, none of this bothers me in terms of whether I like it or not.
                    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Die Anderen, Kannibal Komix, Apocalypse (all one and the same)...
                      Don´t forget Rich that they also used the name THE OTHERS on a record both you and me own
                      rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

i don't think it's what you are searching for, but in a way bubblegum tracks lile "cara-linn" by the strangeloves or "quick joe small" share a lot of things with glam
                        (a "massive" beat, goofy but funny tracks, etc)

Comment

The Eggy and Ning were both Coventry bands....formed from the ashes of The Sorrows and 3AM (a cross between Cream and Jeff Beck Group apparently) respectively - SO THERE !
                          "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by alex.twist View Post
                            i don't think it's what you are searching for, but in a way bubblegum tracks lile "cara-linn" by the strangeloves or "quick joe small" share a lot of things with glam
                            (a "massive" beat, goofy but funny tracks, etc)
                            I've thought the same myself before. Try playing 'Quick Joey Small' back to back with 'Neurotic Reaction'...

Comment

surely there must be some Bonzo Dog Band stuff that fits in with the sound you're after.... try "you done my brain in" from their KEYNSHAM lp
                              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

duane eddy - forty miles of bad road.....
                                proto-proto-glam (1959)
                                "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X