Clear All

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Mmmm, maybe. A good tune whatever.

Leave a comment:

• pencilface
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    Why do you say that about the Bonzos? As much as I love Keynsham, I wouldn't think of it as particularly glam.
    listen to the song -- - sounds pretty glammy to me. stomping drums etc...

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums - another early one (1961). Surely the blueprint for 'Rock & Roll' by Mr. Glitter (whatever happened to him?).
    He moved to Herne Bay.
    He tried to start a low-key life by frequenting his local tavern.
    They made it clear he was an undesirable.

The local rag launched a campaign to have sent back to where paedos like him belong.

Vietnam.

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Originally posted by pencilface View Post
    surely there must be some Bonzo Dog Band stuff that fits in with the sound you're after.... try "you done my brain in" from their KEYNSHAM lp
    Why do you say that about the Bonzos? As much as I love Keynsham, I wouldn't think of it as particularly glam.

Leave a comment:

• ginghamkitchen
    replied
    Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums - another early one (1961). Surely the blueprint for 'Rock & Roll' by Mr. Glitter (whatever happened to him?).

Leave a comment:

• pitch
    replied
    duane eddy - forty miles of bad road.....
    proto-proto-glam (1959)

Leave a comment:

• pencilface
    replied
    surely there must be some Bonzo Dog Band stuff that fits in with the sound you're after.... try "you done my brain in" from their KEYNSHAM lp

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by alex.twist View Post
    i don't think it's what you are searching for, but in a way bubblegum tracks lile "cara-linn" by the strangeloves or "quick joe small" share a lot of things with glam
    (a "massive" beat, goofy but funny tracks, etc)
    I've thought the same myself before. Try playing 'Quick Joey Small' back to back with 'Neurotic Reaction'...

Leave a comment:

• Daddy Ya Ya
    replied
    The Eggy and Ning were both Coventry bands....formed from the ashes of The Sorrows and 3AM (a cross between Cream and Jeff Beck Group apparently) respectively - SO THERE !

Leave a comment:

• alex.twist
    replied
    i don't think it's what you are searching for, but in a way bubblegum tracks lile "cara-linn" by the strangeloves or "quick joe small" share a lot of things with glam
    (a "massive" beat, goofy but funny tracks, etc)

Leave a comment:

• wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    Die Anderen, Kannibal Komix, Apocalypse (all one and the same)...
    DonĀ“t forget Rich that they also used the name THE OTHERS on a record both you and me own

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    What makes glam glam?
    Good question - particularly when I'm looking at obscure "junkshop glam" 45s I often wonder whether it can technically be "glam" until you've seen pictures of the artist. As, essentially, we're talking blues-rock type stuff, at one end, you've got the more straight-forward pop-rock side of things and at the other you've got stuff that comes from the progressive rock side of things or even "pub-rock".

So, musically, Wreckless Eric (see here) or Status Quo or James Hogg's wonderful 'Lovely Lady Rock' might be glam but, due to styling, neither are. I guess the answer would just be Bolanesque vocals but that would exclude lots of the stuff of Velvet Tinmine for example, not to mention a lot of Gary Glitter, The Sweet, Roxy Music, Slade and plenty of others who are often talked about in terms of glam.

Obviously, none of this bothers me in terms of whether I like it or not.

Leave a comment:

• rainbowffolly
    replied
    You out na-na-ed me!

Leave a comment:

• ginghamkitchen
    replied
    Originally posted by rainbowffolly View Post
    "Just The Same As You" - The Southern Sound?
    'Land of a 1,000 Dances'?

Leave a comment:

• rainbowffolly
    replied
    Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
    Na-na-na-na-na vocals...
    "Just The Same As You" - The Southern Sound?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X