David Carradine RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babycart View Post
    I bought one of these at Glasgow Central Station a couple of years ago.
    It could have been worse you could have had one of those Boots Wraps - - always a Greggs bag of goodness when in Glasgow...

My fav Carradine movie has to be Death Race 2000 - I even have the late 90s Lucas T-Shirt for this one...
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Very sad news, one of my favourite actors. Death Race 2000 was probably his greatest moment, but he was also superb in Q-The Winged Serpent, Lone Wolf McQuade, Circle Of Iron and of ton of video productions in the 80s, a lot of them involving Vietnam. There was a great 2-part interview in the old Psychotronic zine that made me respect him even more.

Comment

Hung Fu!

He was funny in Crank: High Voltage.
        I have a very particular set of skills...

http://www.paybacksoulfunkjazz.com

Comment

I remember enjoying "Americana" when it was shown on TV sometime in the eighties.

The "Kung Fu" TV series will forever remind me of my school days with a playground full of kids leaping around kicking and chopping each other.

Essential veiwing at the time along with Budgie and Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
            My fav Carradine movie has to be Death Race 2000 - I even have the late 90s Lucas T-Shirt for this one...
            I always think of it as Mary Woronov's movie, but that's probably because despite Calamity Jane's early demise I got to interview her (and not, sadly, Mr Carradine or Sylvester Stallone) at the Lux cinema when her 'Swimming Underground' book came out. I've had a soft spot for her ever since.

What an amazing career she had...from The Exploding Plastic Inevitable and Chelsea Girls to Ronald Tavel's Theatre Of The Riduculous to Roger Corman/Paul Bartel exploitos, to haranguing The Ramones in Rock'n'Roll High School, hosing down Charlie's Angels in a women's prison and rounding it all off with Eating Raoul and a Gregg Araki movie before taking up painting and writing...

Absolutely lovely lady as well.
            Last edited by wayne; 05-06-2009, 11:30 AM.
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Classic headline from 'The Daily Record' - 'Kinky thrill kills Bill'.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Why do they do this auto-strangulation wankery stuff?
                And what's the best knot to use?
                Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  Why do they do this auto-strangulation wankery stuff?
                  And what's the best knot to use?
                  'cos it makes you come like a fire hose. As any fule kno.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                  X