Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend!

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Well this looks like a good place to post up weekend finds.

Sermad did you find people, animals, and a map over the last 2 days?

pictures of some finds over the last few days

Pictured:
    Confunkshun &quot;S/T&quot; (Mercury)
    Ken Munson &quot;Superflute&quot; (Paramount)
    Bob Dorough &quot;Multiplication Rock&quot; (Capitol)
    James  Brown &quot;Motherlode&quot; (Polydor)
    Sel John &quot;More of Sel John&#39;s Combo&quot; (SJ)
    Zoom &quot;Saturday Night&quot; (Polydor)
    SBB Nowy Horyzont&quot; (Muza)
    Jukka Talonen &quot;Crossection&quot; (Janus)
    Zalatnay Sarolta &quot;Almodi Velem&quot; (Pepita)
    Henry &quot;Buzz&quot; Glass &quot;Rhythm Stick Activities&quot; (Activity)
    Keith Droste &quot;Big Band Moog&quot; (realistic)
    SBB &quot;S/T&quot; (Muza) [/quote]

Comment

Gato Barbieri -I want you 12&quot; A&amp;M Promo

Saturday Night Fever Ost (minting up )

Pages -s/t Awb style funk.

Easy Listening vol.1 (windmill) -&quot;It&#39;s too late&quot; is nice, with the dirtiest flute ever&#33;

Bell and James -Livin it up

David Axelrod -Strange ladies

Comment

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Some nice finds on Saturday, courtesy of my local Cancer Research:

Imperials &quot;Another Star&quot; (power exchange 7&quot. Blinding version;
          War &quot;The World is a Ghetto&quot; (mca 12&quot 14 minute instrumental version. not seen this 12&quot; before (it&#39;s not the one with &quot;Galaxy&quot; on the other side) nice;
          Airto &quot;Touching you, touching me&quot; - inc. &quot;Toque de Cuica&quot;;
          Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey; 1974 LP on Nigerian Decca. Astrigent guitar and rhythms. Very cool.
          Pointer Sisters &quot;Retrospect&quot;. Inc. &quot;Chainey Do&quot;.
          A couple of Flora Purim LPs.
          Plus some other bits and pieces, don&#39;t have details to hand.
          Endless Tripe

Comment

my weekend finds.

Clozier/lejeune &quot;lettre a une demoiselle&quot; EMI
            Piero Umiliani &quot;Servizio special&quot; omicron
            Zabu &amp; Co S/T spot - rare magma sideman project
            gibert Becaud &quot;la maison sous les arbres&quot; OST emi - very cool lp, kind of like Lux Eterna.
            Now Sounds - seeburg library. some very cool stuff on this - found 2 titles. amazing op-art covers too.
            Les double six - first orig. amazing scat jazz.
            Voodou Juju Drug - Nilovic &amp; D.Jones - heavy funk sitar action. 7&quot;
            Moving percussion and electronic sound pictures &quot;Listen, move and dance no.4&quot; emi

plus a few more libraries, belly dance, classical &amp; oddball vinyl.
            http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Funky Guzzo @ June 28 2004,05:43)]Well this looks like a good place to post up weekend finds.

Sermad did you find people, animals, and a map over the last 2 days?
              Any confusion over Sermad and Rich&#39;s posts is that they are related to the fact that I had the pleasure of the company of various vultures over the weekend who very kindly attended the club me &amp; my mates were playing at.

Vultures in attendance:
              Sie &amp; Pickle Tray
              Col Wolfe &amp; other half
              Dr Kraken &amp; Mrs Kraken
              Rich Hero
              Sermad

Unfortunately the weeknd didn&#39;t go to plan due to numerous incidents including:

The threat of a mass Gypsy invasion of the club (unsuccesful)

A torrent of unidentified liquid appearing from the ceiling of said club (claims that this was &#39;pisswater&#39; are unsubstanciated)

Club closing because of flood

My murderinging a defenceless animal while pathetically trying to impress Ed Eman about my knowledge of soul LP&#39;s

Apart from that it was a lovely weekend in wonderful company.

Thanks all for coming and next time we will be handing out free umbrellas to all Club M visitors.
              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

An original night indeed&#33;
                Cheers to Hayd, Rodders, Malby &amp; of course Big Vern  
                nice to put a few Vulture names to faces too&#33;

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Lord knows what I did on saturday night but I had a vicous red eye all day sunday. I went to A &amp; E today cos it was excruciating. Turns out I&#39;ve &#39;scratched&#39; my cornea. I know look like capn pugwash and I&#39;m partially blind in my right eye. Bandage comes off tomorrow so I&#39;m hoping its healed&#33; Feckin ell&#33;
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 28 2004,21:46)]Lord knows what I did on saturday night but I had a vicous red eye all day sunday. I went to A &amp; E today cos it was excruciating. Turns out I&#39;ve &#39;scratched&#39; my cornea. I know look like capn pugwash and I&#39;m partially blind in my right eye. Bandage comes off tomorrow so I&#39;m hoping its healed&#33; Feckin ell&#33;
                    ouch - thats happened to me once, god knows how that happens - got to put those dead painful eyedrops in and avoid bright lights ..

I take it you don&#39;t wear contacts - got to avoid them afterwards for a while

Comment

i had a pretty good weekend

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (themack @ June 29 2004,07:04)]i had a pretty good weekend
                        What&#39;s the Jeremy Steig like? (I mean the &#39;Legwork&#39.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And what&#39;s the Profile and the Def Jam?

Comment

the jeremy steig is alright, more on the straight ahead jazz tip, but its a nice listen. it also has that famous beastie boys sample and a bangin&#39; drum break

the profile is Run DMC-30 days, and the Def Jam is Jazzy Jay, i forget the song title

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (themack @ June 29 2004,19:40)]the Def Jam is Jazzy Jay, i forget the song title
                              Cold Chillin In The Spot?

Out of curiousity, how much did you snag the Spread Love for?
                              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Working...
                              X