Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey

(Reserve met)
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

anyone got a spare for trade?

Comment

So do you reckon the Grateful Dead jammed for the entire fourteen hours of the trip?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I'd love one of those. 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' is an amazing book. It follows on nicely from all the Kerouac Beat Generation stuff. The Grateful Dead pioneered using strobe lights at gigs. Pointless fact. I'm gonna leave now.

Comment

aren the tunes any good on this disc? has anyone heard it?
          er

Comment

Guilty pleasures    

Around '77 and '78 some of my favourite records were 'Skullfuck' and 'Wake of the Flood' , the first one being the live double also known as 'Skull and Roses'.
            'Wake..' is the most laidback record I've ever heard. In fact the band sound almost comatose but I find it so compelling.
            What a strange band, I mean they used to do the lamest of cover versions live and then in the next breath play the most steller jams.
            My friends couldn't understand what I saw in them but they just had something that connected with me.
            I had a ticket to see them at the Rainbow in '78 but the sods cancelled. Mind you I was a bit nervous about going to London on my own back then.  
            I wasn't a complete hippy ... my listening habits at this time would include the Dead, Ramones, Pistols (of course), Wire, Pere Ubu (anyone got a spare Datapanic in the year Zero ?), Lee Perry, Patti Smith and ... ooh yes, Jonathon Richman.

Happy days  
            Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Working...
            X