Cherrystones-hidden charms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherrystones-hidden charms

I'm sure this is pretty old for all of you in the UK but it just got a domestic release here in the US. all I can say is, wow. I'm loving the vibe of this comp, some nice gems in here. what are your impressions?

btw, can anyone recommend any other compilations out there with a similar groove? i'm sure a lot of the Dewolfe, Chappelle & KPM comps would fit in nicely but I need something that's a little more accessible. Bueller?

I still haven't seen this in the UK. Did it get a vinyl pressing?

Try http://www.b-music.co.uk for all your other cherrystones,votel - weird gear.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

That&#39;s a great site. Very informative. And I&#39;m like the Essential A-Z. J is for

Comment

The night at the Cornerhouse looks good - has anybody been to it? I may try that myself.
        Now this!

Comment

Yep, thoroughly recommended (although prepare to be totally bamboozled&#33.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Hey, if free bamboozlement is included I may bring a friend&#33;
            Now this!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (lionel @ June 29 2004,10:11)]Hey, if free bamboozlement is included I may bring a friend&#33;
              I dragged my sister and her boyfriend and I only knew one tune more than them. i.e. I knew one tune. But I wanted to know them all.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 29 2004,09:03)]I still haven&#39;t seen this in the UK. Did it get a vinyl pressing?
                cd only, i&#39;m afraid....

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 29 2004,10:18)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (lionel @ June 29 2004,10:11)]Hey, if free bamboozlement is included I may bring a friend&#33;
                  I dragged my sister and her boyfriend and I only knew one tune more than them. i.e. I knew one tune. But I wanted to know them all.

Just had a thorough trawl through that site, and there doesn&#39;t look anything too outrageous on there.

You weren&#39;t hitting the sauce again, Rich??

Nice site though.

Comment

Seriously Greg, &#39;Scotch On The Socks&#39; was the only thing I caught. I&#39;m not the worlds greatest authority on anything, and Eastern European-sounding hard folk rock is not a strong point. It could have been common as mud but if it&#39;s new to my ears it&#39;ll flummox me. Excellent tunes though. (And whaddya mean - of course I was drinking ).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 29 2004,10:47)]Seriously Greg, &#39;Scotch On The Socks&#39; was the only thing I caught. I&#39;m not the worlds greatest authority on anything, and Eastern European-sounding hard folk rock is not a strong point. It could have been common as mud but if it&#39;s new to my ears it&#39;ll flummox me. Excellent tunes though. (And whaddya mean - of course I was drinking   ).
                      Given that this is as good a description as you might get of the music in the new Heinekin ad - do you reckon it&#39;lkl be overground by mid summer and passe by the autumn.

I&#39;m still about some of my northern soul favs being pimped out to the Colonel to sell his kentucky fried children.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 29 2004,09:03)]I still haven&#39;t seen this in the UK. Did it get a vinyl pressing?
                        i&#39;m fairly sure it did- i bought my copy in england about a year and a half back and have been playing it regularly since.. it&#39;s not to hand right now so i can&#39;t drop any spcecifics

Comment

Must be thinking of the cherrystones rocks lp. Hidden Charms only came out a few months back.
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

A dealer up here told me the vinyl version had been pulled - no idea why though.
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I could hazard a guess... &#33;
                              http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X