Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandingo

Vultures,

excuse my ignorance, but how many Mandingo lp's are there exactly?
    I just picked up the one called SACRIFICE. I already had the PRIMEVAL one; then my dad shows a tape he has called THE MUSIC OF MANDINGO featuring tracks from both above mentioned lp's plus extra tracks not on those ones.
    HELP!!

David
    God bless Fatso.

There are four plus one comp - see the bit on the main site about them.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

It's in the 'Lords of the Lounge' section by the way. There's also at least one 45.

Comment

and there's loads of other acts all called Mandingo to confuse us!

on a related note, was there ever a whole Apatchi Band album or just the Mandingo-like Issmak single?

Comment

Black Rite is on a 45. I got that off a fellow vulture way back.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

It was me Serms - Medicine Man on the B I seem to recall.

Comment

There&#39;s two Mandingo 45s. Black Rite/Medicine Man and Fever Pitch/The Cheetah. There&#39;s a US pressing of one of them too. The Black Rite one I think. They&#39;re all damn tricky to find. The albums all seem to go go quite cheaply these days.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Blighty @ June 29 2004,18:44)]There&#39;s two Mandingo 45s. Black Rite/Medicine Man and Fever Pitch/The Cheetah. There&#39;s a US pressing of one of them too. The Black Rite one I think. They&#39;re all damn tricky to find. The albums all seem to go go quite cheaply these days.
                There are also Euro pic sleeve issue(s) of &#39;Black Rite&#39; - got a nice German one somewhere amongst all this mess.....
                Matt Hero

Comment

I&#39;ve got the Fever Pitch/The Cheetah 7&quot; - it&#39;s still the only Mandingo vinyl in my collection.

Does anyone know who the &#39;Page&#39; is who wrote some stuff for Mandingo, by the way? The only person of that name I can think of is Larry, but I don&#39;t think that&#39;s likely somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 29 2004,19:54)]I&#39;ve got the Fever Pitch/The Cheetah 7&quot; - it&#39;s still the only Mandingo vinyl in my collection.

Does anyone know who the &#39;Page&#39; is who wrote some stuff for Mandingo, by the way? The only person of that name I can think of is Larry, but I don&#39;t think that&#39;s likely somehow.
                    Yeah I would have gone for Larry Page too&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 29 2004,20:15)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 29 2004,19:54)]I&#39;ve got the Fever Pitch/The Cheetah 7&quot; - it&#39;s still the only Mandingo vinyl in my collection.

Yeah I would have gone for Larry Page too&#33;
                      jimmy page?

Comment

or gene page?

wheres the dracula smiley?

Comment

Not sure it is Larry Page - wasn&#39;t he a bit funny about staying true to Page One/Fontana and then with Penny Farthing?? Sure I read that somewhere....total control freak...
                          I love Page One (almost as much as President) - great (&amp; generally cheap) 45s encapsulating funky psych &amp; soul especially. applelovinnervecocktailcabinetdragonsbirdsofafeath errebelslootkevinkinglearfuzzfaceg
                          lobeshowmiragegubbins
                          LARRY PAGE I FUCKING LOVE YOU&#33;&#33;
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Anyone got a spare Cocktail Cabinet 45?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 29 2004,22:16)]Anyone got a spare Cocktail Cabinet 45?
                              may do - I&#39;ll check tomorrow for ya
                              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
                              X