Zen - sound & silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen - sound & silence

Just picked up a double LP on Philips entitled 'Zen (Sound & Silence)' in a local charity. I couldn't leave it because the sleeve is rather nice - kind of buff black material with a large (Chinese?) symbol on it..............and, OK, it was 50p

What the hell is it? No info on the sleeve, track titles are parts 1 - 4, no writing credits, appears to be Dutch,no year....nothing, nada, no a sausage!!!

Anyone out there got this? The lack of a portable on my desk is so frustrating - I suspect it's going to be yet another 50p donated and another record returned to the wild but just maybe.......
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Woah, I think you may have struck lucky there Lee (what a surprise   ). Remember that Dutch recording of Hair I mentioned that was reissued (does this look familiar...)?

If so, I'd be very interested - the 45 isn't amazing but has definite 'potential'.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I remember it now that you've reminded me

I'll report back tonight.

Comment

Obviously, the coincidence of a Chinese character on the sleeve of a record by a group called Zen is simply too great to be mere chance.   But, being an optimist (?), with the label being Phillips and suspicions of Dutchness... How could this possibly go wrong?  
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

erm.......turns out to be a load of monks chanting......over 4 sides! It is the Metal Machine Music of 'monk chant' albums.

Anyone want this for the price of stampage? If not, back into the wild it goes.

Comment

Just eBay it as described in your first post Lee - some sucker will probably buy it after following the same train of thought as me (yes, it probably would be me ).

Comment

Zen – Sound & Silence

Inasmuch as more than 2 years have passed since you posted your message about "Zen - Sound & Silence," probably this is too late. But if you still have that CD and want to sell it, please reply to me, including the price.

Thanks in advance.

Phil O

Comment

Zen – Sound & Silence

If you still have that CD and want to sell it, please reply to me, including the price.

Thanks in advance.

Phil O

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                Anyone want this for the price of stampage? If not, back into the wild it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                  If you still have that CD and want to sell it, please reply to me, including the price.

Thanks in advance.

Phil O
                  Think you will find that it was/is an LP - double one in fact - the big black vinyl things, rather than the small shiny silver things......
                  "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Zen – Sound & Silence

Thanks. Yes, probably it was an LP as well as a 2-CD set. Either way, I'd like to get a set if anyone has it, though in light of curren technology the CD set would be better.

Phil O

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                    Think you will find that it was/is an LP - double one in fact - the big black vinyl things, rather than the small shiny silver things......

Comment

Working...
                    X