Chris karen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris karen

Excuse me ignorance but who is Chris Karen, he has two rather fine tracks on the nifty reddifusion compilation thats just come out. Are there any releases by this chap or is this another psudonym for someone?.
    Cheers.
    derelicts of dialect

i think his name was mis-spelled on the record. chris karan. session percussionist extraordinaire! worked on the "get carter" soundtrack (played tabla) and quite often seen paired up with bryan daly, the guitarist (the bloke who did all the postman pat songs).

those tracks on soundsational were recorded specifically for the rediffusion background music library and never before released! a bit of a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (wooly @ June 29 2004,22:41)]i think his name was mis-spelled on the record. chris karan. session percussionist extraordinaire! worked on the "get carter" soundtrack (played tabla) and quite often seen paired up with bryan daly, the guitarist (the bloke who did all the postman pat songs).

those tracks on soundsational were recorded specifically for the rediffusion background music library and never before released! a bit of a treat.
      To add to what Wooly has said - Chris Karan was (and still is) one of the UK's best drummers, hogging all the session work in the 1960s and 70s along with the likes of Alf Bigden, Barry Morgan, Harold Fisher and Ronnie Verrell etc.

He was Roy Budd's and Dudley Moore's drummer of choice, playing on Dudley's beautiful 1969 LP 'The Dudley Moore Trio' on Decca, and providing the funk on Budd's amazing 'Fear is the Key' and 'Diamonds' OST's.

Hope that helps.
      A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

On the subject of Soundsational - anyone know where I can get the vols 2 & 3 10"? I've seen them on Moviegrooves but I think a tenner is a bit rich (no disrespect to Mr Moviegroove or his excellent site) as I got the first one for a deep sea diver.

Help much appreciated as always.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 30 2004,09:55)]On the subject of Soundsational - anyone know where I can get the vols 2 & 3 10"?  
          Hi LDJB

The excellent Piccadilly Records still have vols 2 and 3 in stock for £6.99 each. Again, maybe a bit steep, but then again surely it's a bit cheeky of Earful to put out three 10" samplers rather than just releasing all the ruddy tracks on one double LP or summat?

Not that it stopped Tommo buying all three of them, obviously!
          The Pop Music Library

Comment

Cheers fellas,

Hi Lee mate, erm, this may be a little late but rough trade have those ep's for a bout 5.99 (so we're getting near a lady godiva) but you may have to add a couple of quid postage. If thats any help. Anyhow hope you and family are keepin' well 'n' all that.

Now, any chance of a copy of that Dave Lindup lp on Aristocrat as featured in your chart?
            derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Now, any chance of a copy of that Dave Lindup lp on Aristocrat as featured in your chart?
              No problem - CD or tape?
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
              X