Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East anglia

hello
    i was thinking of going on a record mission this weekend and i was wondering where would be the best city or town to visit in east anglia and what shops are there.

i mostly am interested in hip hop and related styles. i live in yarmouth so the i was think of going to cambridge or ipswich or colchester or any where other than norwich that is not to far away. but i have no idea of where to go to make my trip worth while. any help will be appreiated. thanks

Peace

I'm afraid that Norwich is probably the best place for record shops in E.Anglia these days.

Having said that, Ipswich has two decent second hand places and a lot of charities:

Ipswich Record & Tape Exchange
    34, Upper Orwell St
    Ipswich Suffolk
    IP4 1HR

Tel: 01473 230207      

Out of Time Records
    46, Fore St
    Ipswich Suffolk
    IP4 1JY

Tel: 01473 225547    

Avoid Cambridge. There is only one second hand place - Blackwax. This is excellent for old disco and new house releases, but I don't think you'll get much Hip Hop out of there.

I haven't really been to Colchester in my travels. Anyone know if these are any good?

It's Electric
    37, Crouch St
    Colchester Essex
    CO3 3EN

Tel: 01206 763160      

Classics 'N' Jazz Ltd
    7, Middleborough
    Colchester Essex
    CO1 1QS

Tel: 01206 762422    

Inspired Records
    58, Victoria Chase
    Colchester Essex
    CO1 1WN

Tel: 01206 369523

Good luck! And if you find a great second hand place not mentioned above let me know!!!
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ July 01 2004,12:49)]I haven't really been to Colchester in my travels. Anyone know if these are any good?

It's Electric
      Classics 'N' Jazz Ltd
      Inspired Records
      Don't know any of those ones - can heartily recommend Time Records tho - can't miss it - it's on the long road between the train station & the Town centre - on the left before you hit the hill. Lots of funk/northern/STs etc. Had a big hiphop section too - dunno about the quality of that stuff as I know little about it
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
      X