Nelson riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson riddle

I have his 'Communication' on MPS, some tracks arranged by Claus Ogerman. I wonder if Mr. Riddle has something else I should look for?

How about this one?

Thanks

I've got that one - don't rate it too highly - bit too easy. The other good one is the one with 'Light my Fire' on it - can't remember what it's called though.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Whats the volcano one? That a good track on it.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]&#39;Communication&#39; on MPS
        That&#39;s the one with &#39;Volcano&#39;s Daughter&#39; on it Serms.

Comment

There&#39;s Nelson Riddle conducts the 101 Strings on Marble Arch (and US Alshire?).

It&#39;s a good LP. Not especially funky, more sort of lush 60s soundtracky atmospherics.
          Endless Tripe

Comment

I&#39;ve heard good things about that 101 Strings one - never seen one though. I believe it was actually a UK recording - the trombone soloist on &#39;Nelson&#39;s Blues&#39; is Bill Geldard, and he rates that as one of the best moments of his career.

Comment

And there I was thinking this would be some sort of lyrical quiz regarding our legendary naval commander...
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ July 08 2004,12:14)]I&#39;ve heard good things about that 101 Strings one - never seen one though. I believe it was actually a UK recording - the trombone soloist on &#39;Nelson&#39;s Blues&#39; is Bill Geldard, and he rates that as one of the best moments of his career.
                Yes, it says on the sleeve that it was recorded in the UK and the titles of some of the tracks reference that: &quot;Twilight on The Mall&quot; and unless I&#39;ve misremembered, &quot;Nelson&#39;s Column&quot; (oo-err&#33.

Definitely a very good standard of playing and arrangement all round. One you can stick on and let play all the way through.

It does seem to be quite hard to find. I&#39;ve only ever seen the one I bought.
                Endless Tripe

Comment

I think it&#39;s &#39;The contemporary sound of..&#39; that your thinking of Lee, rather a good version of &#39;Stoned soul picnic&#39; on there as well as a few other nice tunes. Personally i like both those MPS lp&#39;s, and i&#39;ve got the &#39;Nelson Riddle conducts 101 strings&#39; lp too which i rate above the others, though most of his stuff is fairly laid back, it&#39;s always superbly produced and arranged, but then i like that sort of thing anyway&#33;. Funny, i&#39;ve seen a couple of those 101 string lp recently. I&#39;ll keep an eye out for a copy for you Mr T.
                  derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Funny, i&#39;ve seen a couple of those 101 string lp recently. I&#39;ll keep an eye out for a copy for you Mr T.
                    If you should come across a couple I&#39;d be interested in one - Sie Vulture played me that LP and it was rather tasty. Never seen one in the wild&#33;

Comment

No probs Lee, will do.
                      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                      X