Wrecked records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked records

Well if people will bid on something that sounds as wrecked as this you gotta wonder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....91&rd=1

Of course its probably a fraction of what'd go for in excellent nick but still $20+ for a badly cracked record seems odd to me. I can understand if its really rare and you want to rescue the tune to another format for for listening purposes. But if its too wrecked to play often then why not just use a CD version if the track itself isn't rare?

This is probably sacrelige of course.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

that's the K&D link again...

it's the collecting aspect of just having the record, i assume

Comment

Should be the right one in the main post now.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

On my last trip to that London, amongst a big pile of stuff I bought an Interworld library LP - the guy in the shop said 'Do you want to check it first?' 'Naah', said I, 'It'll be fine'. I get home and find an enormous jagged chunk had actually been physically cut out of the record, leaving only the last two tracks on each side playable! That'll learn me - still keeping it though!

Comment

Well the worst one in my collection had an actual cigarette burn right through destroying the first trackon each side, though it was a double album and came at low cahrity shop prices. I'm gonna dump it back 'cos the music itself is pretty dull. Its the soundtrack to the 70's animated Lord of the Rings.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ July 08 2004,11:11)]Well if people will bid on something that sounds as wrecked as this you gotta wonder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....91&rd=1

Of course its probably a fraction of what'd go for in excellent nick but still $20+ for a badly cracked record seems odd to me. I can understand if its really rare and you want to rescue the tune to another format for for listening purposes. But if its too wrecked to play often then why not just use a CD version if the track itself isn't rare?

This is probably sacrelige of course.
            Everything that guy sells seems to go for large chunks of cash. His auctions are crazy. Always tons of great records going $$$$.

Comment

Working...
            X