One for lord thames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for lord thames?

does anyone have any idea where this music comes from? i'm sure it must be a library piece. the clip is from '78.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/schools....1978.rm

I can say with a degree of certainty it's an Alan Parker composition, probably a de Wolfe track, but I'm afraid I don't know what it's called.

Alan P's done a fair bit of stuff like this - the 'Buttercup Jones' LP is full of it!

Comment

that's confirmed what i'm thinking - good old alan p. but i've got "buttercup jones" and it's not on there, unfortunately. there's a track on "9-10-out" which sounds similar, but that one got used on the "blockaboots" (remember that?) programme.

Comment

I was going to stick my neck out and say it was a deWolfe before Lord T stepped in...but then I thought I would wait and see what he said!

I can say I've 100% got this somewhere. Something tells me its on 'cult and colour' - lee mason. But I don't know.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Doesn&#39;t surprise me that you&#39;ve got it, Serms&#33; I&#39;ve got a small bit of the opening credits to The French Programme on a tape somewhere, which may have a bit more of the tune on it.

I saw copies of both 9-10-Out and Buttercup Jones in London, but I think they were a bit expensive for me (Actually, Jones was only £9 - might get it if I&#39;m down there again&#33 I like those &#39;small group&#39; DWs from that era - Stroll On is another nice one that I haven&#39;t got&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ July 08 2004,12:58)]I was going to stick my neck out and say it was a deWolfe before Lord T stepped in...but then I thought I would wait and see what he said&#33;

I can say I&#39;ve 100% got this somewhere. Something tells me its on &#39;cult and colour&#39; - lee mason. But I don&#39;t know.
            damn&#33; serms, i just checked out &quot;cult and colour&quot; too and it&#39;s not on there. i get the feeling we&#39;re getting very close, but i&#39;ve run out of the right DWs to check&#33;

lord t - &#39;jones&#39; is a good album in that style. &#39;9-10-out&#39; is a personal favourite, though. it&#39;s got the tune from the public information film ... you know the one... &quot;polish a floor and put a rug on it... you might as well set a man trap&#33;&quot;

Comment

Ah, I thought that &#39;man trap&#39; music might be from one of those DWs&#33;

Comment

i was in a band once, where we used to do a version of that tune. we had to rely on the actual footage of the film, because i didn&#39;t have the LP at the time. needless to say, our version wasn&#39;t quite as good.

anyway, it&#39;s called &quot;joyride&quot; and it&#39;s on side one of &quot;9-10-out&quot;.

Comment

This is a long shot seeing as I can&#39;t listen to the clip at work but how about something off Alan Parker&#39;s &#39;Long Hot Night&#39; on DW? Anything on there that would fit the bill?
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

i haven&#39;t got that one, lee.

it&#39;s got to be alan parker, though.

Comment

Yes &#39;hot night&#39; sounds good. Check that dewolfe sampler cd &#39;hot night&#39; is on there.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Did anybody watch &#39;The Long Firm&#39; last night?

There was a club scene (natch) with some suspiciously Hawkshaw-esque hammond-age in the background. Although, I was so tired when watching it, it could have been Ena Baga.

First impressions are that the book is better, but reviews assure us that the series in its entirety surpasses the book.
                        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ July 08 2004,14:22)]Did anybody watch &#39;The Long Firm&#39; last night?
                          http://212.67.202.147/~sermad....;t=2779

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Like I said mate...tired&#33;&#33; zzzzzzzzzzz&#33;&#33;&#33;
                            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ July 08 2004,14:32)]Like I said mate...tired&#33;&#33;    zzzzzzzzzzz&#33;&#33;&#33;
                              Be great if somone can confirm whether or not it&#39;s Ena Baga - that track was nice&#33;
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X