Ebay emails blah, blah, blah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay emails blah, blah, blah...

Our building wide spam filter is starting to reject my automatic eBay search emails as containing a virus (Exploit.Junksurf.A, to be precise). Anyone else having similar problems?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Not had that problem (yet) but if you've got paypal accounts watch out for this f***er: almost had me! Went to link, then thought again & went to Paypal itself...lo and behold, no restriction on the account. Anyway, if you get this go to your account via the main site, not the link.

Dear valued PayPal® member:

PayPal® is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of
    buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs
    some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud
    teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your
    account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
    account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your
    account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved. This
    is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not
    compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may
    require some specific information from you for the following reason:

We would like to ensure that your account was not accessed by an
    unauthorized third party. Because protecting the security of your account
    is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account
    features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please
    understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Case ID Number: PP-040-187-541

We encourage you to log in and restore full access as soon as possible.
    Should access to your account remain limited for an extended period of
    time, it may result in further limitations on the use of your account.

However, failure to restore your records will result in account suspension.
    Please update your records on or before July 15, 2004.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be
    interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your Paypal records click on the following link:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that
    this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We
    apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    PayPal® Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP522

Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, PayPal will
    periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin....outside
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Yep, had that one too today. PayPal will address you by both names and shouldn't ask you to click on any links if they email you - keep 'em peeled.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The thing does look very convincing, though - even after clocking it I was half expecting to be contacted with a message like 'actually, this is from us...'. In the event, forwarded the mail to paypal & got this reply:

Dear wayneburrows,

Thank you for bringing this suspicious email to our attention. We can
        confirm that the email you received was not sent to you by PayPal. The
        website linked to this email is not a registered URL authorized or used by
        PayPal. We are currently investigating this incident fully. Please do not
        enter any personal or financial information into this website.

If you have surrendered any personal or financial information to this
        fraudulent website, you should immediately log into your PayPal Account and
        change your password and secret question and answer information. Any
        compromised financial information should be reported to the appropriate
        parties.

If you notice any unauthorized activity associated with your PayPal
        transaction history, please immediately report this to PayPal by following
        the instructions below:

1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/

2. Click on the Security Center at the bottom of the page

3. Click on 'Report a Problem'

4. Select the Topic: Report Fraud

5. Select the Subtopic: Unauthorized use of my PayPal Account

6. Enter your question in the 'Summarize your question in one
        sentence' box

7. Click Continue

8. Follow the instructions to access the appropriate form

We are continually improving our customer service to accommodate members'
        needs and can be contacted via secure webform at
        https://www.paypal.com/wf/f=default.

If you are unable to log in to your account, please contact us using the
        webform at https://www.paypal.com/ewf/f=default.

This email is sent to you by the contracting entity to your User Agreement,
        either PayPal Inc or PayPal (Europe) Limited. PayPal(Europe) Limited is
        authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the UK as
        an electronic money institution.
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Hmm, strange you should mention this, i recieved this bad boy yesterday and have absolutely no idea why. I'm in the proccess of verifying the autheticity of this with ebay's customer service having sent 'em a copy of the e mail. I'll let you know if there's any dodgy stuff occuring, nut all i can say is be on yer guard.

Dear eBay customer,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we have detected a slight error in your billing information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information ( i.e.change of address).
          2. Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
          3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

hmmmmm
          derelicts of dialect

Comment

HHmmmm

I Recieved this ......

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't update your account information in the next 3 days. If this security issue could not be solved your account will be suspended for a period of 3-4 days, after that it will be again operational.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to ebay.

In order to update your registration information and continue using your eBay account, please click here <http://userupdate.home.ro/registration.html> or the link at the bottom of this page and fill in the form with the data you used when you registered with eBay.

This is just a serurity routine check of your account, and there is no need to panic. After the verification, if all your data match and it is correct, you will be able to use your account just like before.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
            eBay, Inc.
            Update Registration

ANY THOUGHTS ?
            Whats you're style ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (jammin @ July 11 2004,12:39)]HHmmmm

I Recieved this ......

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't update your account information in the next 3 days. If this security issue could not be solved your account will be suspended for a period of 3-4 days, after that it will be again operational.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to ebay.

In order to update your registration information and continue using your eBay account, please click here <http://userupdate.home.ro/registration.html> or the link at the bottom of this page and fill in the form with the data you used when you registered with eBay.

This is just a serurity routine check of your account, and there is no need to panic. After the verification, if all your data match and it is correct, you will be able to use your account just like before.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
              eBay, Inc.
              Update Registration

ANY THOUGHTS ?
              Hiya mate!

Long time no hear on the site.

I don't know a lot about the internet, but when I get e-mails like that I always check the web address it asks you to use.

<http://userupdate.home.ro/registration.html>

They haven't even tried to include e-bay in it at all! and .ro, where's that? Romania? Very fishy.
              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wayne @ July 11 2004,02:44)]The thing does look very convincing, though - even after clocking it I was half expecting to be contacted with a message like 'actually, this is from us...'.
                yep, i clocked this one about 15 minutes ago. it's not littered with the usual spelling errors, so it looks pretty convincing in some ways. i hope everyone's onto this thread because it could be potentially very nasty if someone gets stung.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ July 11 2004,22:25)]Hiya mate!

Long time no hear on the site.

I don't know a lot about the internet, but when I get e-mails like that I always check the web address it asks you to use.

<http://userupdate.home.ro/registration.html>

They haven't even tried to include e-bay in it at all! and .ro, where's that? Romania? Very fishy.
                  Alright ba,

Yeah i still frequant the board but inna silent way these day's.

More like well mackeral, and thats coming from a pikey

Whats you're style ?

Comment

Working...
                  X