Mike curb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike curb

Ok, there's good Mike Curb stuff and I've also understand there is whole lot of shit available too? I'd like to know what is worth looking for and what is not?

I have 'Softly Wispering I Love You', with plenty of Christian songs. The only redeeming feature is the hovering hammond that Mike (I presume it's him) is playing on the cover, surrounded by his congregation. I have another one, from the late seventies, with a picture cover in primary covers that is obviously so bad that I've erased it from my memory. So avoid those.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Wasn't he behind the Rubber Band?

Could be Bob Crewe though - I often get them two confused for some reason.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

His work with Davie Allan & The Arrows on 'The Wild Angels' OSTs is pretty good, if you're into that whole biker-surf sound. And the 'Burning Bridges' 45 with Lalo Schifrin off the Kelly's Heroes OST doesn't do it for me, but seems in demand for some break/sample type business...
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 14 2004,13:19)]I have 'Softly Wispering I Love You', with plenty of Christian songs. The only redeeming feature is the hovering hammond that Mike (I presume it's him) is playing on the cover, surrounded by his congregation.
          Wouldn't that be a cover of the Congregation's hit (they were known as The English Congregation in the US)? Or did Curb do it first? No Hammond on the English version, but some nice axe-strangling from Alan Parker.

Comment

Thunder Alley has its moments.

http://www.blaxploitation.com/s_128.html

There is also one with a green cover which has a nice beaty bit to it (what was that&#33.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (wayne @ July 14 2004,13:22)]And the &#39;Burning Bridges&#39; 45 with Lalo Schifrin off the Kelly&#39;s Heroes OST doesn&#39;t do it for me, but seems in demand for some break/sample type business...
              The break sounds amazing when you loop it up. I&#39;m surprised it hasn&#39;t been used more. Isn&#39;t that allegedly Axelrod? I think it was Nick who mentioned that when he and Sermad took over Johnny Trunk&#39;s show.

No one&#39;s mentioned Mr Curb&#39;s version of the &#39;Mike Mouse Club Theme&#39;. Quite a funky with a nice break at the start. Bit of an old school break actually although it&#39;s on &#39;Dusty Fingers 7&#39; which gives it some new school cred too. A nice one for kiddie funk collectors. I think it&#39;s just on a 45 but i could be wrong.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the album &#39;Come Together&#39;? One dealer offered that to me, but I wasn&#39;t so convinsed about it...

I have that DF7 with Mickey Mouse Club, that was basicly the point with this thread, cause it sounded like a nice break and heard couple of songs also in the easter mix tapes, but I&#39;ve learned that he has done lot&#39;s of crap also.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]No one&#39;s mentioned Mr Curb&#39;s version of the &#39;Mike Mouse Club Theme&#39;. Quite a funky with a nice break at the start. Bit of an old school break actually although it&#39;s on &#39;Dusty Fingers 7&#39; which gives it some new school cred too. A nice one for kiddie funk collectors. I think it&#39;s just on a 45 but i could be wrong.
                  It can be found cheaply and easily (if very quietly pressed) on the Golden Hour of Disney Songs - it&#39;s got a couple of Mike Curb tracks on it and one other tune is funky - totally forgotten about that until now Mr B&#33;
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Teenage Rebellion is exploitation class.

Comment

Mike Curb Congregation is not to be confused with The Congregation, or (in the US) The English Congregation...obviously that why the added the &#39;english&#39; bit in the US...that&#39;s Alan Parker and some beardy geezer who can&#39;t sing, and is very shite indeedy&#33; the &#39;Come Together&#39; LP has the odd moment, but only really in the title track, as you&#39;d expect...he was not involved in the Rubber Band, but did the &#39;....Songbook&#39; LP&#39;s as Mike Curb &amp; Waterfall...have i not banged on about how ace they all are enough yet???? i&#39;ll say it again...they are ace&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Find them all&#33;&#33;&#33; LDJB also charted his &#39;18th Century concepts&#39; LP a while back, which again, is ace...

Comment

Working...
                      X