Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy budd - 'commando' french isse

Hi,

I recently picked up the French issue of Roy Budd's 'Commando' OST (aka 'Who Dares Wins&#39. Up until then, I had only known of the existence of the Italian and US issues. What makes the French issue so great is there is some extra tracks missing on the US issue.

Being a Budd fanatic, this makes me wonder if there might be a Japanese issue of this OST and his other soundtracks. I know he did the 'Screen Music' LPs for Japan, so apart from 'Get Carter', does anyone know of any other foreign issues of Budd LPs (excepting the Italian issues of 'Diamonds' and 'The Stone Killer' and that Spanish Budd comp)?

Cheers!
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

extra tracks!, i must get a copy, i've got the US isssue, cost me £25, great soundtrack, and i also love the film, by the way what are the titles of the extra tracks, i past up a copy of this on ebay, thought it would be the same as the US issue.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Hi,

One of the extra tracks is called 'Blues for the Best' (can't remember the other track's title) and is the jazzy source muisc used in the background when the SAS blow the wall of Skellen's (Lewis Collins) flat down to get to his wife and child who are being held hostage by the terrorists in the next room.

The music has been mastered slightly differently on the french issue too, with a bit more clarity in the top end, hence the fact that it sounds sliughtly clearer than the US issue.

Hope this helps!

Comment

now that's really interesting! never knew there were extra tracks, quite a find that then. the italian issue used to turn up quite often - what's the french issue on? milan?

i'm not too familiar with jap pressings of budd stuff. most of his stuff came out in the uk mroe so than other countries, although the marseilles contract only came out on 45 in france too...
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Yes, the French issue is also on Milan - well worth picking up IMHO.

Comment

picked up a used mint condition copy of "The Wild Geese" ost for $1 today. I suppose I shouldn't get too excited, not his greatest soundtrack but for $1 I can't really complain.
            Last edited by mech1; 02-05-2005, 10:10 PM.

Comment

whats the cat no on this french issue, btw??

thx

Comment

Working...
              X